Lenovo Is being Dumb! Help!

Discussion in 'Laptop General Discussion' started by Logan Ruiner, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Logan Ruiner

Logan Ruiner

So I have an issue, whenever I plug in my headphones and listen to music there is 0 bass and I have tried multiple headphones... I used to be able to turn my bass boost on under my speaker settings and get some good bass.. however now whenever I use bass boost it just has 0 bass. now when I go under speaker setting and turn off all enhancements it gives me some bass. but as soon as I try to use bass boost nothing... Any suggestions?

Logan Ruiner, Jan 9, 2014
  2. Logan Ruiner

OhioTom76

You can try downloading the K-Lite Codec Pack and installing that. It will often correct a lot of problems with audio and video issues on your computer. Just be sure to do the custom installation and read through the options carefully. For example, right off the bat, it asks if you want it to install Windows Media Player Classic, which I generally un-check.

What program are you using to listen to music in? Are you sure you didn't accidentally adjust some equalizer within it specifically? Also, do you have the issue with other pairs of headphones aside from the ones you are currently using? If the connector isn't plugged in all the way it can cause audio problems like weak sound, or only sound in one ear. This can also happen if the cords for your earphones are going bad.

OhioTom76, Feb 25, 2014
  3. Logan Ruiner

Sidewinderx3

Have you tried contacting Lenovo? Any specifics you can give us on the laptop? The model or how long have you been using it? As for the software side, have you tried updating your audio drivers? I'm assuming you're using Realtek Audio since it's prevalent, why not try going to the site and download their latest drivers?

Sidewinderx3, Feb 25, 2014
  4. Logan Ruiner

Clanky

Did you perform any changes on your codecs before the problem occured the first time? You could try to contact Lenovo and ask for help there.

Clanky, Mar 3, 2014
Ask a Question