Left Hand Storage expansion slot not working and DM Problem

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by chris72983, Jan 7, 2010.

1. chris72983

chris72983

I have an AOA-150-1777, Bios 3310, running Windows 7. My Storage Expansion reader had worked fine till today, and dont know what I Could have done to cause a problem. I also noticed that the device Manager showed an exclamation point out beside (Intel N10/ICH7 Family PCI Express Root Port - 27D6) listed under System Devices. I dont know if the problems are connected by expect the probably are since everything else is working fine. This is the description listed under Device Status: This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)

If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system.

It also has a Problem Code of: 0000000C

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Chris

chris72983, Jan 7, 2010
  2. chris72983

elPaulio Moderator

Hi there,

There are a few things that might cause this, but the most likely is that you have a conflict with available I/O ports for the reader.

You need to go into Device Manager and check which ports it is trying to use and what they conflict with. Try manually pushing it onto a different available port.

You may find that you have to change the one it is conflicting with rather than the reader depending on what it can address.

It's a bit of a faf trying to shift things around so they are all happy which is why Windows sometimes just gives up and stops one thing working! TBH I haven't seen this for a few years and thought (maybe ignorantly on my part!) that Microsoft had sorted it!

The causes of this can be a few things, mainly either your BIOS changing the available resources or Windows changing what device uses what.

Try that first and let us know how you get on. If it doesn't work, then we can look into other possible causes and solutions.

Cheers

Paul :ugeek:

elPaulio, Jan 8, 2010
  3. chris72983

chris72983

May be stupid question, but I have been trying to change it to a different port and can figure out how, also how can you tell what ports are free? Sorry for the double post

chris72983, Jan 8, 2010
  4. chris72983

chris72983

i forgot to add earlier the reader is no resposive, when you put a card in it i does nothing

chris72983, Jan 9, 2010
  5. chris72983

elPaulio Moderator

Hi there,

In Device Manager double click on the PCI Express Root Port -27D6 and then click on the resources tab.
    You should have four little blue memory chips showing the I/O Port, Two Memory Ranges and the IRQ being used.
    Do any of these blue chips have a red circle round them? If so, click on it and see what reason it gives in the conflicting devices box.

To change the values you have to un-tick the Use Automatic settigns box then adjust them through the drop down boxes.

Let us know how you get on.

Paul :ugeek:

elPaulio, Jan 10, 2010
Ask a Question