latitude back lit keyboard uprgrade

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by njallday, Sep 9, 2014.

1. njallday

njallday

Hey guys, first post here. Just looking for a good place for more generalized, laptop specific discussion rather than trying to get answers on my usual Linux forums. Any way, I have a Dell latitude e6420 and I also have a another e6420 but its an ATG model that had some overheating issues and fried up the GPU. The ATG had some nice features, along with a more rugged feeling body it has dust covers for all ports, a removable handle and a back lit keyboard which the standard model lacks. Before I go breaking them down I wanted to see if anyone knows if the keyboards are interchangeable? The 2 are the same generation, I had the ATG apart to do a GPU re-flow but i didn't pay much attention to what the keyboard connections looked like. any help would be greatly appreciated.

njallday, Sep 9, 2014
  2. njallday

njallday

It works, nice and bright too. The back lit keyboard seems stronger as well, but its a snug fit. a little longer than the non back lit

njallday, Sep 9, 2014
    Ian likes this.
  3. njallday

Ian Administrator

Great work :). Thanks for reporting back!

Ian, Sep 12, 2014
Ask a Question