Larger letters in firefox

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by clauswilson, Nov 3, 2008.

1. clauswilson

clauswilson

On every page I do enlarge the letters by pressing Ctrl+ twice. How can I set up AA1 or firefox to do so automatically?
    (I tried in preferences but all I got was some strange characters that weren't nice to read - some Courier or something)

clauswilson, Nov 3, 2008
  2. clauswilson

Chicago_Jake

Under Preferences, Content, Fonts and Colors, Advanced, you can set a minimum font size. Don't screw with the font name, just the minimum size.

I haven't tried it, but it might be what you are looking for. Good luck!....Jake

Chicago_Jake, Nov 3, 2008
  3. clauswilson

donec

T%here is also an extension called No Squint that you can get from....
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2592
    It will allow you to hold Ctrl and scroll the wheel on your mouse to change the size of the text. It also remembers the setting for the next time you visit that page and it seems to me to learn since some new pages open at the larger text setting.

donec, Nov 3, 2008
  4. clauswilson

clauswilson

Thank you very much for your answers! I did confuse myself because I mixed up firefox 2 and 3. That's why I had problems. Changing preferences in firefox 2 doesn't change them in firefox 3. That's it!

clauswilson, Nov 3, 2008
  5. clauswilson

donec

If you setup a personal profile for say Firefox 2 and then upgrade to Firefox 3 and use the same profile then Firefox 3 will make some changes to the profile but such settings as text size and any extensions you are running that are compatible will remain the same. This means you can upgrade and keep most if not all your settings.

donec, Nov 4, 2008
  6. clauswilson

TTgowings

Thank you very much for this suggestion, that had been annoying for some time now, No Squint works like a charm.. :D

TTgowings, Nov 5, 2008
Ask a Question