larger aao osd display?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by cv65user, Jun 28, 2009.

1. cv65user

cv65user

sometimes i cannot see the bright green osd . under the bright glossy screen . any way to make it larger ? without replacing it with third party s/w .

cv65user, Jun 28, 2009
  2. cv65user

DutchDK

You need to edit the registry values for the Acer (actually Quanta, the manufacturer of the AAO) Launch Manger application.

Click on Start, then Run, and enter "regedit", then click on OK.
    Regedit will start up - Beware, You can seriously FUBAR your system, if you do something wrong in regedit.

Scroll down to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Quanta\QtZgAcer\OnScreen key, and edit the parameters in the Font key. One of the numbes there, probably controls the size. Personally though, I just changed the colour from green (00FF00) to red (0000FF) in the color (sic) key.

Then right click on the Launch Manager icon in the taskbar, end the program, and then restart it from the start-programs menu. Your new settings will then be activated, including on subsequent reboots.

DutchDK, Jun 28, 2009
  3. cv65user

cv65user

i found the reg . i re adj the osd delay . but i couldnt understand which value it is . can you re advise pls ?

cv65user, Jul 1, 2009
  4. cv65user

DutchDK

Nope. Experiment is all I can say. Haven't had the need to change the font size myself.

DutchDK, Jul 1, 2009
  5. cv65user

cv65user

ok thx , what size do you think the existing font is . maybe i can work off that because i changed the 20 value but it didnt seem to do anything even after i ended the qtzaecer task . and restarted c\progarm files\launch manager\ qtzacer program manually .

cv65user, Jul 1, 2009
Ask a Question