Laptop with TV?

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by roger1003, Mar 19, 2016.

1. roger1003

roger1003

Do you know if there's a laptop with TV on it? I am just curious with the idea. There are mobile phones with TVs, and since laptops are also used for entertainment purposes, I can imagine that there might be a laptop with a TV on it. If there is, would you recommend buying one?

roger1003, Mar 19, 2016
  2. roger1003

vinaya

I don't know if it is available in your place or not, but a Chinese mobile phone with a TV is available in my town. The handset does not have any guarantee and no one knows how long it will run. It may stop functioning now or can work for years.
    I don't know about the laptop with TV, perhaps you can turn your laptop into TV by installing TV card.

vinaya, Mar 19, 2016
  3. roger1003

IBMPC8088

Over the past 2 decades, there have been TV tuner cards in PCs, and previously PCMCIA cards for laptops. Since that time, most people watch digital subscriptions or download the shows they want to see.

There are CDMA and 4G mobile usb devices coupled with TV-subscription services that mirror channels for people who want them now as the alternative to TV tuners which are scarce anymore. Most of your laptops no longer use PCMCIA, but if you really wanted to use a laptop TV tuner card, you could use a USB to PCMCIA adapter, and then plug one of the cards into that.

I haven't seen any laptops that have a digital TV tuner built-in to them, but I've heard that the Toshiba Qosmio G25-AV513 has what you're looking for that way if you don't want to use an external tuner card. Even if I did run into one of those types of laptops, I honestly wouldn't have any desire to buy one.

It's a very specific market only for people who want to watch TV for some reason on a laptop instead of an online service for tv shows and movies. Most people use a separate tv set if they really want to do that, but you do have the toshiba laptop option above and a few others.

IBMPC8088, Mar 20, 2016
  4. roger1003

SirJoe

I have seen a pen that you would plug into your computer or laptop and you could see TV on them, but that must have been some years back. I don't know if they made a pen compatible with the more recent digital signal instead of the older analogical signal.

SirJoe, Mar 22, 2016
  5. roger1003

artyarson

I've never seen that in this day in age. But some TV channels have an online stream. Some of them do that in a high quality.

artyarson, Apr 2, 2016
Ask a Question