Laptop with a fast processor

Discussion in 'Laptop General Discussion' started by psanch, May 17, 2016.

1. psanch

psanch

The software I work with requires a system with a really fast processor - about 3.5 GHz. Right now I use a desktop but I find that it limits my mobility greatly and I often have to travel for work. Any suggestions on available laptops that don't cost the earth?

psanch, May 17, 2016
  2. psanch

Vash

What exactly software do you must run on your laptop to require "3.5GHZ" CPU?

Clock frequency (GHZ) is not the only thing to decide the actual CPU performance. Different CPU run at the same clock speed will perform differently. Even different generations of Core i5 or i7 clocked at the same frequency will be different, let alone CPU from Intel vs. CPU from AMD.

There is also the fact of RAM speed and capacity, as well as the hard drive speed. Some software will also benefit from a faster GPU.

Vash, May 17, 2016
  3. psanch

sparkster

I find myself asking the same question, what software are you using which requires 3.5GHz processing power? The only software I've ever come across myself which requires that much CPU is music studio software. I would also consider what Vash said above, different CPU's running at the same clock speed may perform differently and you may also want to consider core performance. Myself I have a Core i3 which is dual core running at 2.0GHz each. Perhaps that would be enough to run the software you need to use?

sparkster, May 17, 2016
Ask a Question