Laptop with 180 degrees screen opening / tilt angle and backlit keyboard?

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by Useroo, May 15, 2022.

1. Useroo

Useroo

I am looking around for a while now, in need of a new laptop that basically should be like my current, old, dysfunctional laptop (without the old and dysfunctional in it :)

I usually set up my laptop body against a higher stand at the rear, so the screen is actually on eye height rather than me constantly looking down onto the screen, hence the minimum opening angle of 180 degrees for the screen is necessary.

I use the laptop for creative work, mostly also PHOTO EDITING.
    A lousy screen with bad colors is no good.

My current laptop, the Lenovo Flex 2 15 inch has a glossy IPS panel that works very well for photo editing.
    It also has a backlit keyboard, something i would gravely miss if i did not have it anymore.

The glossy screen i could do without, hate to have to find a spot with a dark wall in the background and wearing a dark t-shirt to avoid all the reflections.

Sadly most laptop manufacturers only have screens with opening angles of less than 180 degrees.

Oh, what i also need in a laptop is a standard size card reader (for the photo transfers) and i's still prefer a standard RJ45 internet jack as a backup option to mere wireless.

Anyone happens to know such a miracle machine at a decent price, say less than 1000 USD?

Useroo, May 15, 2022
  2. Useroo

pocopoco

pocopoco, May 17, 2022
  3. Useroo

Useroo

Thanks PocoPoco as close as it gets - almost just the standard card reader is only a mini card reader - worse though - they do not sell this particular model here in Rio Brasil. They only have 1 single ThinkBook model and that is a ThinkBook 14s Yoga (2-in-1 lappy)

Useroo, May 18, 2022
  4. Useroo

olivia mlia

The only time it is useful is if it prevents the hinge from breaking if the lid is mistakenly pushed too far. The hinge on non-180 degree hinges may break, but the 180 degree screen will save you.

olivia mlia, Jun 3, 2022
  5. Useroo

Useroo

May i kindly and politely correct your statement Olivia?
    I stand up the keyboard half of the laptop.
    The rear is maybe 45 or 50 degrees higher than the front.
    Why?
    Because i am tall and looking down to the laptop for hours is a serious pain in the back and neck.
    With the said situation the screen is more or less at eye height.
    Now i magine how that would work out with a miserable laptop that can not be opened more that some 135 or so degrees (i actually bought once one just to learn that i had to try and view the screen like an Austrich (or so) head at the 90 degrees off the shoulders to see something at a screen that defacto was facing slightly downwards.
    No such a problem with a 180 degrees opening angle i can enjoy the great freedom to set my lappy in a way the screen is at eye height and not at ellbow or knee height only...

Useroo, Jun 3, 2022
  6. Useroo

olivia mlia

The only time it is useful is if it prevents the hinge from breaking if the lid is mistakenly pushed too far. The hinge on non-180 degree hinges may break, but the 180 degree screen will save you.

olivia mlia, Jun 6, 2022
Ask a Question