Laptop vs Notebook vs Netbook

Discussion in 'Laptop General Discussion' started by ElendilE, Jan 19, 2016.

1. ElendilE

ElendilE

Just as the title says. What are the basic differences between these three types of computers? What are their advantages/disadvantages over one another? Are they made for some specific tasks? I'm really confused! o_O Please let me know what you think!

ElendilE, Jan 19, 2016
    Manish Agrawal likes this.
  2. ElendilE

bluemoney

Notebook are bigger , netbook are smaller , Laptop means Notebook,Netbook

bluemoney, Jan 21, 2016
    Manish Agrawal and ElendilE like this.
  3. ElendilE

ElendilE

What about their functionality? Is there something there in notebooks or conventional laptops that netbook has extra or lacks altogether? Or is it just size?

ElendilE, Jan 25, 2016
  4. ElendilE

Krissttina Isobe

I borrow a netbook from the computer from the library called 2gopc. It's small. The netbook has an intel antom installed and the laptop has i3 intel core which is a big difference in the computers performance. The laptop is much better closer to a desk top. I like using my mouse and not the touchpad. The laptop will easily let you make the change to mouse, the netbook will fight you about it and not let the mouse work even if you change things in the control panel, so I gave up about using my mouse with the netbook borrow. I'd prefer the laptop, but it's expensive. That's what I can tell when I compare the two. Laptop wins, but you got to be able to afford it.

Krissttina Isobe, Jan 25, 2016
  5. ElendilE

IcyBC

I like laptop since I have a bigger screen and I am able to see and to work without frustration. My daughter gave me her college netbook, and that thing nearly drove me crazy with such small screen! Maybe I should disclose that I really have bad eye sight as I have both far sighted and near sighted problem, plus a load of different things wrong with my eyes. So for me, the bigger the screen, the better for me to use!

IcyBC, Jan 25, 2016
  6. ElendilE

roger1003

I'd use a laptop with a large screen for gaming and for work which needs several applications open. For browsing the internet, I'm happy with a netbook or tablet. A perfect balance I think will be the netbook. It balances portability with screen size.

roger1003, Mar 22, 2016
  7. ElendilE

vinaya

As far as I know a portable computer with larger screen is called laptop, which performs exactly like a desktop computer. A laptop with less than 15 inch screen is a note book, and netbook is a smallest size laptop which is only good for surfing net. I have used a laptop and notebook, but never a netbook

vinaya, Mar 25, 2016
  8. ElendilE

djordjem87

As far as I know a portable computer with larger screen is called laptop, which performs exactly like a desktop computer. A laptop with less than 15 inch screen is a note book, and netbook is a smallest size laptop which is only good for surfing net. I have used a laptop and notebook, but never a netbook

I believe the names are easy to understand and the size is also of importance here. Laptop is the biggest of these portable PCs and the one with best performance. Notebook is a bit smaller, probably less than 15 inch (screen) and is a bit lower in performance but it resembles a notebook because it is usually thin and smaller, as I said. Netbook is the smallest one and with lowest performance. it is meant to be a notebook for internet so a NEtbook. I guess :)

djordjem87, Mar 26, 2016
  9. ElendilE

Corzhens

From what I understand about a netbook, it is a small laptop that is designed for internet use. That means it has a smaller memory and also a smaller storage capacity. When used for a complex software like video editing, I think the netbook will be crawling since its innards are not fit for such software. With a notebook, all I know is that it has a smaller footprint than a laptop but has the same functionalities.

Corzhens, Mar 26, 2016
Ask a Question