Laptop turns on for 2 seconds and then turns off (repeats)

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by joepk, Dec 20, 2013.

1. joepk

joepk

I recently purchased a Horize P150SM.
    When I try to turn the laptop on with either the AC adapter or just the battery or both, the laptop lights (power on/off) turn on and the fans start up the screen is black during this and after about 2 seconds the laptop shuts off and does not even reach the bios. The laptop then repeats this over and over and eventually (it's random) it decides to finally boot up properly and proceeds to the bios and after that it seems fine. The same problem was posted here: http://forums.cnet.com/7723-19681_102-351939/laptop-shuts-off-2-seconds-after-booting-and-repeats/ but none of the troubleshooting pointers helped my situation.

joepk, Dec 20, 2013
  2. joepk

Sefie

It really sounds like something is seriously wrong with your laptop. No new laptop should act like that! You should have taken that laptop back to the store, or have a technician see it, because I don' think we can help you with that.

Sefie, Jan 20, 2014
  3. joepk

LindaKay

Yikes...that sounds bad.

Mine did something kind of like that for a while and I ended up completely cleaning it out. That actually helped, but it sounds like your issue might be hardware-related and nothing as far as the actual software and operation of the computer.

Maybe someone from a computer repair shop can help you?

LindaKay, Jan 23, 2014
  4. joepk

Brian8gbSSDLinux

If you are joepk2030 from Notebook Review Forums... You should have shipped it back to the Manufacturer by now...

On that website - it was suggested that you take out the RAM and try a single stick at a time - to see if it is Incompatibility in the RAM modules....

Have you tried that?

Brian8gbSSDLinux, Jan 23, 2014
Ask a Question