Laptop that combines the best of gaming and CAD capabilities?

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by ALpal5213, Jun 29, 2016.

1. ALpal5213

ALpal5213

Hi, I am currently looking for a laptop that I can take to college. I would like a laptop that can play games like fallout 4 while also be able to run basic CAD programs as I will be an engineering major. My price range is up to $2500 and I want a reasonably portable laptop (Nothing too bulky). The closest thing I could find to what I am looking for is the 14 in razer blade 2016 laptop. link below:
    http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-systems/razer-blade
    I know that this is primarily a gaming laptop, however, I would like to know if this would be good enough for CAD programs or if there are any better options.
    Thank you for your input.

ALpal5213, Jun 29, 2016
  2. ALpal5213

epicboy75

epicboy75, Sep 22, 2016
  3. ALpal5213

Aree Wongwanlee

$2500? If that's your budget, you should be able to get a very good laptop. Any gaming laptop would be good enough for CAD because they are good at rendering graphics. Get something with an i7 processor. Get at least 8Gb RAM. If you can get 16Gb, so much the better. Make sure it comes with a dedicated graphics processor like nVidia. Also get an SSD. It really makes things load up a lot faster.

Aree Wongwanlee, Sep 23, 2016
Ask a Question