Laptop stops frequently

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by daniel95, Jul 18, 2016.

1. daniel95

daniel95

I have a problem with my laptop, an acer aspire e5-511-p9t9.It starts normally but after 1-2 hours it freezes and the cooler starts for 3-4 seconds and then stops.After that i need to stop the laptop from the power on/off button.This happens also at startup and i need to do press the power button again.The laptop will start booting after 2-3 atempts.Also i want to mention that i replaced 2 weeks ago the hdd with a ssd and I didn't have any problem.The problem started when i installed a linux version.I tried installing other linux versions and the problem is the same.

daniel95, Jul 18, 2016
  2. daniel95

something back

Welcome to the laptop forums site.

This sounds like a cooling problem, check the vents for fluff
    and dust build up.

You could purchase a compressed air can and that will work well
    it should clear the fan as well.

It's not going to be a problem with the ssd drive.

something back, Jul 18, 2016
  3. daniel95

LGNPanda

I definitely recommend you to have it replaced. Don't bother having it repaired as having it repaired will cost you as much as the laptop.
    It seems like your laptop is digging itself a whole. Make sure you do backup the important files as it seems as your laptop has become a ticking time bomb.

LGNPanda, Jul 19, 2016
  4. daniel95

hades_leae

I have a similar problem with my current laptop that's almost 3 years old now. I hate when it gets really hot, but the fan does not come on until it's super hot. It still works fine, but I think the track pad is blown or something.

I had to disable clicking because it holds clicks and this create a movement problem for me. Plus the left click I had to disable also because it also holds clicks, and I have to press down really hard to get it to do what I want. It freezes at times, but I can deal with it.

hades_leae, Jul 19, 2016
  5. daniel95

daniel95

I installed another version of linux,centos 7 and in 2 days i didn't have any problem.The previous versions with that problem were ubuntu and linuxmint.Also with windows i didn't have any problem.

daniel95, Jul 20, 2016
  6. daniel95

Corzhens

My recommendation is for you to bring your laptop to the repair center. Have it evaluated but don't go for the repair yet. Then go to another computer repair shop and get another evaluation. If the diagnosis is the same as the first then more likely that is the problem. The second opinion is just to be sure of the problem for it can be the cooler or the processor or even the software. It's difficult to be guessing that's why you need a professional opinion.

Corzhens, Jul 22, 2016
Ask a Question