Laptop not turning on (battery issue)

Discussion in 'Laptop General Discussion' started by viculisov, Feb 27, 2019.

1. viculisov

viculisov

Have had this laptop (HP 250 G5 Core i7-6500U 8GB 256GB SSD 15.6IN) for 3 1/2 years.

Problem initially started when charging hole filled with small bits of rubbish, preventing charger from being inserted. Once rubbish was cleaned, the laptop turned on, but battery was not recognised (0%, not charging issue). I was unable to fix this.

Soon, laptop stopped turning on completely. I have tried holding power button before attempting to turn on, with and without battery inserted. If battery is not inserted, the small light next to the charging port immediately goes white. If battery is inserted, upon insertion of charger light shines orange for about 8 seconds, before turning white.

There is some damage to the body of the laptop near the charging hardware, which may have had an effect. Have taken frame apart,but unable to see any obvious issue inside. Battery had not been changed.

What should I try to do? Thank you for your time and help

viculisov, Feb 27, 2019
  2. viculisov

Zymek

Did you ever get it resolved? Anyway, sounds like the charging port is damaged. Perhaps the cord has been stepped on when it was plugged in or the cord yanked out unintentionally at an angle.

Zymek, Dec 4, 2019
Ask a Question