Laptop keyboard keeps breaking

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by Aligned, Apr 2, 2022.

1. Aligned

Aligned

My laptop keyboard broke last month, one of the keys was jammed, it kept typing by itself. I got it replaced and the new keyboard worked. I barely used the laptop since then but now the keyboard is broken again. Multiple keys all over the keyboard won't type, and sometimes the keys get jammed.

I've barely been using the laptop but have transported it around with me a good few times. Could it be getting damaged because I had it in my car driving on rough terrain? Or is this more likely a software problem?

EDIT: I tried entering BIOS and all the keys work fine in there, now rebooting the laptop all the keys worked again temporarily but after 10 minutes using the laptop, they have all stopped working again as I'm using the laptop. All the same keys that weren't working before, they stopped working again. Does this sound like a hardware problem or a software problem?

The + key is typing by itself again, I noticed this problem starting over a week ago, this is what happened with my previous keyboard, just with a different key

Last edited: Apr 2, 2022
    Aligned, Apr 2, 2022
Ask a Question