Laptop is getting very hot.

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Sudhir B, Apr 1, 2015.

1. Sudhir B

Sudhir B

Hi,

I am using Dell Inspiron. It's been more than 2 years I am using this laptop. since last few months I'm seeing that my laptop is getting very hot.

Below CPU-Z utility data and screenshots of Core Temp tool to indicate my laptop temperature.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I know that over heating of computer reduces performance. Please advise what to do about this problem?

Thanks in advance,
    Sudhir.

Attached Files:

Sudhir B, Apr 1, 2015
  2. Sudhir B

Allen_Wrench

Laptops tend to collect a lot of dust inside them over time via the air circulation fans which can cause the heat to rise if something gets clogged. I would open the laptop up and check for dust collecting on the metal air coolers inside.

-Allen

Allen_Wrench, Apr 2, 2015
  3. Sudhir B

something back

Take it to a garage ,and use the air line to blow the dust out, blow from underneath first then from vents inward afterwards

something back, Apr 2, 2015
  4. Sudhir B

Sue Giplaye

I have a Dell Laptop too . When I feel like it is getting to off I turn it off and take a quick break. Sometimes when something is being overused and it is too hot it will heat up and get really hot. That is how I see it. Laptop are electrical devices and overheating it can cause it to get too hot.

Sue Giplaye, Aug 4, 2015
  5. Sudhir B

IcyBC

My HP Pavillon is also two years old, and have over-heating problem! I use cooling fan underneath, and I also blow it out with the air compression. It helps a bit, but I do believe that I need to have the laptop fans replaced.

IcyBC, Aug 4, 2015
  6. Sudhir B

SLTE

I second the cooling fan idea. I have one that tilts upwards, and basically seconds as a laptop desk when I can't find / can't be bothered to find my actual laptop desk. It works extremely well, especially when I decide to play graphically-intensive games, and only requires a free USB port to operate. If you don't want to full on replace your laptop I'd recommend a secondary fan.

SLTE, Sep 7, 2015
    IcyBC likes this.
  7. Sudhir B

IcyBC

Do you have the name for that cooling fan? That sounds like something I would like very much. I need one for my Mac.

IcyBC, Sep 7, 2015
  8. Sudhir B

SLTE

It's a Targus AWE81US 'Chill Mat'. Kind of a silly name, but there you go. Here's a link to their site. It's a fairly good deal at $50, and I've had mine for almost three years, now, I believe, without any significant issues.

Also has a USB hub built into the back of it. I haven't used it as a hub before so I wouldn't be able to tell you how well it works.

SLTE, Sep 7, 2015
    IcyBC likes this.
  9. Sudhir B

IcyBC

Thank you! I have looked it up on Amazon and eBay too to see if the price was lower. I found one for $18.00 on eBay plus free shipping, but it said factory refurbished. I always have mix feeling about refurbished things. What do you think?
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/221383322591?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

IcyBC, Sep 9, 2015
  10. Sudhir B

SLTE

Yep, that's the exact same one I have. It seems like a pretty simple setup, so I don't see why a refurbished one wouldn't work. At the very least it's not going to be dangerous if it does go wrong - the fan will just stop working. No clue if you'll have any luck with the hub on a refurbished one, as well, but I never use mine as a hub anyway.

SLTE, Sep 13, 2015
  11. Sudhir B

IcyBC

I should look more in detail to see if the seller offers returning or has warranty for it! I hate the idea of spending money, waiting for the item, and then only to find out it doesn't work. However, since it is just "Chill Mat", I don't think it would be bad, for that price anyway! Thanks for your help!

IcyBC, Sep 14, 2015
  12. Sudhir B

ts_guest

I also use a Targus Chill Mat. Have used the same one for several years, had no problems with it. Laptops DO get hot. It's the nature of the beast. Never use a laptop with a pillow for support.

argus.jpg

From the manufacturer: "The Targus Lap Chill Mat provides a comfortable and ergonomic work surface to keep you and your laptop cool. The Chill Mat rests on your lap and disperses heat, using dual fans to provide ventilation which can be obstructed if the laptop is used on a pillow or comforter. Simply plug the USB connector into the laptop to activate cooling. The ergonomic tilt makes typing easy while the soft neoprene material provides cushioned comfort on your lap. The open design allows fans to run quietly and stimulates constant airflow. Four rubber stops on the face of the Chill Mat prevents the laptop from slipping."

ts_guest, Nov 14, 2015
  13. Sudhir B

CreoleQueen777

I suggest you 1. clean out your air cooler thing that's in side the laptop/computer
    2. invest in a a cooling pad, Trust me their a life saver.

CreoleQueen777, Nov 15, 2015
  14. Sudhir B

sachinkumar12

Check (and Clean) Your Fans. When you feel your computer getting hot, put your hand next to the computer's fan vents.

sachinkumar12, Feb 7, 2017
  15. Sudhir B

JackSnowFk

Some times you only need to clean up computer dust

JackSnowFk, Feb 15, 2017
Ask a Question