Laptop hard drive wont boot?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Ryannoah, Nov 17, 2010.

1. Ryannoah

Ryannoah

Bios in laptop has CD/Hard-disc/floppy/LAN boot options
    tried booting laptop from xp disc and a win7 disc neither booted other boot options include LAN floppy disc drive(laptop not got floppy)
    i bought an adaptor that allows me to view the laptops hard-drive on my desktop pc via USB caddie
    I think the boot sec is damaged but desktop pc doesnt allow me to make changes to boot sec. Christian Audigier
    the laptop Hard drive had Win7 on it and an Windows.old folder that contained windows xp. Christian Audigier Clothing Windows xp was what i was trying to recover when i messed it up

I don't care if i lose data from Hard-disc i just want a working laptop

an help much appreciated

Ryannoah, Nov 17, 2010
  2. Ryannoah

shashishekhar

First i want to tell you that i am not getting you clearly :?
    If you want to boot your windows(as i gussed you are trying to do) follow :arrow:
    :arrow: open bios change your primary boot divice and set it to hard disk
    :arrow: If the above step dose't works then after pressing power button when your laptop gives option for enter bios menu just press F12 (this will open your boot menu) from here you should select hdd i.e. hard disk
    :arrow: Or try recovery method provided by manufacturer(call customer care they will tell how if not reply here)
    :arrow: If this also dosen't work try formating it with xp or windows 7 just by selecting dvd drive from boot menu(how to open boot menu is mentioned above)
    :arrow: And if os disk boots but can't format the hdd then just delete recovery partition made by manufacturer for recovery of os sometimes it creates problem while installing os.(in acer laptops and netbooks it is generally named PQSERVICES)

shashishekhar, Nov 24, 2010
Ask a Question