Laptop Freezing

Discussion in 'Laptop General Discussion' started by Setter Dog, Mar 31, 2017.

1. Setter Dog

Setter Dog

Hi Folks,

My first post here and I hope it isn't too general to get some advice,....

I use a 14" HD laptop with i5 and Windows 10. I've had it about 2-3 years and it's been okay for what I use it for, I do internet shopping, eMail, photography storage etc. No gaming or anything elaborate. If it failed completely today, the only thing of value I would lose is photographs.

For the past couple of weeks, this laptop has been wearing me out. It freezes unexpectedly, sometimes when I'm online and sometimes when I'm just loading photos. Then, it will often freeze again while I'm trying to re-start it. Of course, once it freezes, the only way to re-start is to turn it off, then back on. Oh, another thing, it restarts very slowly most of the time.

Interesting to me that my older HP 15.6 inch i5 still operates perfectly.

Is there anything I can do or try to get this thing to be more reliable? Thanks for any suggestions.

Jack

Setter Dog, Mar 31, 2017
    Krissttina Isobe likes this.
  2. Setter Dog

something back

Welcome to the laptop forums site

It could be over heating take a look at the vents on the side they could be clogged.

If they are then buy a can of compressed air.

Back it up now to an external flash drive or external hard drive.

This program is free it's called AOMEI Backupper Standard
    here's the link:

http://www.backup-utility.com/

You could also try to restoring it to an earlier date.

something back, Mar 31, 2017
    Ian likes this.
  3. Setter Dog

Krissttina Isobe

Well, I've downloaded ransomfree.cybereason.com and my computer works much better and faster now. I also have COMODO security my friend put in my computer and I notice that my laptop behaves better. I have had a jumping cursor problem and this is a bran new laptop though only an i3, I just got it last Nov. 2016 so shouldn't have much problems. With security with these 2 added my laptop behaves faster, isn't having my prior problems since I downloaded touchfreeze too. I don't really know what's wrong with your computer, not a tech, but these are the experiences I've been through. Hope this helps. :) Good luck, for you got a very good i5 computer so it should work really good!

Krissttina Isobe, May 22, 2017
  4. Setter Dog

Tech_Man

One thing that i could suggest to you is freezing or killing some unnecessary apps. Your Laptop might running too much apps. If the problem is coming back and try to use some cleaning apps such as Glary Utilities and scan the whole of your system.

Tech_Man, May 22, 2017
Ask a Question