Laptop Cooling

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by Dpayne91, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Dpayne91

Dpayne91

Just wondering what the best ways are to reduce gaming laptop temperatures?
    I have considered purchasing a cooling pad and also a more desperate measure by cutting new vents underneath the chasis

Dpayne91, Jan 1, 2015
  2. Dpayne91

Geozef

If you are aware of hardware disassembly, try to add more THERMAL PASTE over the CPU and Video card on your laptop this will help to decrease the heat that produce by the two mentioned components, but be more careful doing this if you are not professional technician

Geozef, Jun 22, 2015
  3. Dpayne91

LGNPanda

Usually you should either pay for a person to take apart your laptop and reapply thermal paste. This sometimes might fail if you have a sketchy person doing this or if your laptop just won't work the same afterwards. Not the same in a bad way. The other option is to buy a cooling pad that is appropriate to your laptop.

LGNPanda, Jul 10, 2015
  4. Dpayne91

IcyBC

I don't do a lot of games on my laptop, but it is now suffering from overheating problem, which I was told that HP laptops are known for this problem. I use a cooling fan under my laptop myself, and it reduces the heat some.

IcyBC, Jul 17, 2015
  5. Dpayne91

vinaya

My laptop also has this problem, even though I don't play games. I never place my laptop under a surface that heats fast, for example laptop,bed etc. I also use a cooling pad.

vinaya, Jan 26, 2016
Ask a Question