Laptop coolers

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by remnant, Oct 6, 2016.

1. remnant

remnant

Older laptops do not have challenges related to heating up and attendant noise. They could even stay for a whole year without overheating issues. Modern laptops are smaller and more powerful necessitating a cooler from day one especially if you do perform tasks like downloading videos or keeping a big number of tabs running. The cooler stands on top of the laptop connected by a USB and built in fans.

remnant, Oct 6, 2016
  2. remnant

Corzhens

I wish you had included a photo of that laptop cooler in your post. This is the first time I've heard of such and I am wondering why it would be on top of the laptop. But I agree that newer laptops require more cooling unlike the older ones that are sturdy and probably have been benchmarked in the African desert. However, the laptops now can be running smoothly when you are in an air-conditioned room or in a well ventilated place so overheating should not be an issue.

Corzhens, Oct 9, 2016
  3. remnant

Karen Gordon

I have never had a laptop that was hot enough that it required a cooler, but it could be something that you could use if your laptop was prone to overheating. They do get hot, it is one of the options that you may be able to use if you need it, you can find it. Make sure to keep your laptop cool as I know some people who have actually gotten burns on their legs from having the laptop on there.

Karen Gordon, Oct 9, 2016
  4. remnant

vinaya

Do you mean to say external cooling fan for a laptop that has over heating problem? I have used cooling pad and I am not a great fan of this cooling fan. First of all it consumes your laptop's battery, and you will have to charge your laptop frequently, secondly it creates noise. However, if over heating problem is really scary for you,you can use a laptop cooler.

vinaya, Oct 10, 2016
Ask a Question