laptop boots from downloaded debian image

Discussion in 'Linux' started by zupcis, Aug 19, 2008.

1. zupcis

zupcis

Hello, I have a wierd problem here. I've got a acer aspire one laptop. One guy tried to install debian linux to it. He just downloaded debian network install image to "download" directory and rebooted laptop (it's what he said) After that every time laptop boots it runs debian installer. I booted from flash drive with puppy linux, and after i mounted laptops drive i only see contents of debian image. After I deleted everything from that image i get a boot failure. Puppy linux show that laptops drive is allmoust full, as it shoud be, but shows no content.

How can I restore MBR so laptop boots in linpus linux again.

Sorry about my English, I'm from Latvia.

zupcis, Aug 19, 2008
  2. zupcis

rebuilder

I'm not exactly sure what's happened, but it seems the linpus install has been deleted from your hard drive. Not to worry, though. Find the restore dvd that came with your laptop and either use it directly if you have a USB optical drive, or use it on a different computer to create a bootable rescue system on a USB pendrive or external USB HD, then boot from that USB drive on your AA1. (F12 on boot will let you choose what drive to boot from)

rebuilder, Aug 23, 2008
Ask a Question