laptop battery is not charging

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by leo the king, Nov 1, 2015.

1. leo the king

leo the king

hi guyz .
    i just want a help from you guyz
    THAT
    i recently buy a laptop dell latitude d530 core 2 duo 2.0 ghz ,2 gb ram and 160 gb hard drive. In starting days it was performing well but now it is too slow and lagging and it is not charging the battery its says "plugged in but not charging " i have read related threads of plugged in but charging and i have done everything in control panel ,unistall and reboot etc . and i saw in task maneger its C.P.U usage remains 100 percent . due to which its performance is nothing
    i have checked its battery by buying new one and changed its adapter and installed new window many times but my issue remains as it is
    plz help me . and THANKS in advance .

leo the king, Nov 1, 2015
  2. leo the king

Geozef

If it is covered by warranty try to bring in it in authorized service center, they will repair it or even replacement of defective parts as well for free.

Geozef, Nov 2, 2015
  3. leo the king

Hozyboy

If you have already tried the charging cable and found nothing wrong with it then the problem may be due to the motherboard of the laptop and I would recommend you take it to the shop you bought it so that it is made

Hozyboy, Feb 16, 2016
  4. leo the king

Pablo Diaz

You should try borrowing another charger to see if your charger is what's giving you trouble. But since you said the CPU usage is always high, I think you have more problems in your laptop (It could be either hardware or software; there's no way to know) And I suggest simply using your warranty if you have one or taking it to a technician to see if he can solve this.

Pablo Diaz, Feb 18, 2016
  5. leo the king

vinaya

There might be two issues, your laptop adapter is faulty or your battery is damaged. If You are sure, there is no problem with your laptop battery and adapter, and you still have warranty, you should replace it.

vinaya, Apr 2, 2016
  6. leo the king

Corzhens

That's also my suggestion. It happened to my smart phone, no matter what I do, it wouldn't charge. When I brought it to the tech, the phone has a faulty socket for the plug of the charger. Unfortunately, it couldn't be repaired so I was advised to buy a charger for the battery. That means I had to take off the battery from the phone, charge it and insert again to the phone when charged.

But I guess my phone may be a different case than your laptop.

Corzhens, Apr 2, 2016
Ask a Question