Laptop advice

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by bobo2109, Sep 25, 2016.

1. bobo2109

bobo2109

I've found 2 great laptops at the same price, an Asus and an Acer. The difference is that the Acer comes with: i5-6300HQ, a full HD display, led keyboard, 6 cells battery; and the Asus comes with i7-6700HQ, a 720p display, no led keyboard and 4 cells battery. Both have a 15.6'' display.

Which one would you guys choose and why?

Here are the links: Asus X550VX-XX016D, ACER Aspire V5-591G-59B0.

bobo2109, Sep 25, 2016
  2. bobo2109

vinaya

I will suggest you to get Asus because it has 6 cell battery. When buying a laptop, I will always consider how much back up the device will be giving. Six cell batteries is always better than 4 cell battery.

vinaya, Oct 2, 2016
  3. bobo2109

something back

something back, Oct 3, 2016
  4. bobo2109

paulieweb

acer's got more ram, asus's got better cpu. i'd probably go acer, but it's close

paulieweb, Oct 5, 2016
  5. bobo2109

djtech

I would go for Asus, simply because of the processor. In terms of screen displays, that's not the greatest thing to consider unless you're into gaming or something. Even then 720p should do just fine. So, go for Asus. Also, as someone else mentioned, battery backup is important.
    Finally, my personal experience with the form factors and quality of materials used for Acer as well as Asus laptops makes me lean towards Asus. Eventually, the laptop will get banged up. So, you want a lappy that can survive the odd bump and Acer doesn't do that well.

djtech, Oct 5, 2016
  6. bobo2109

Aree Wongwanlee

The Asus with the i7 processor will certainly be faster than the Acer with the i5 processor. Other things like RAM and hard drives can be changed later but the processor is what you start with and what you are stuck with.

Aree Wongwanlee, Oct 5, 2016
    something back likes this.
  7. bobo2109

Corzhens

If your laptop is not for professional use, that i5 and i7 wouldn't matter anymore. Personally, I always prefer a good monitor over the processor anytime maybe because my use for laptop is for the job which does only require simple software. A full HD monitor would be great for your eyes so you will not squint. By the way, what is a LED keyboard? This is the first time I have encountered the term.

Corzhens, Oct 6, 2016
  8. bobo2109

Aree Wongwanlee

An LED keyboard? I am not very sure but I think that's a keyboard with backlighting for each key. The gaming laptops have this feature. You can set each key to have its own color. I am not really sure how this will improve the performance of the laptop. Most of the time, when I use my laptop, I don't even look at the keyboard because I am a touch typist. I suppose an LED keyboard is more for the looks.

Aree Wongwanlee, Oct 6, 2016
    Corzhens likes this.
  9. bobo2109

Vash

I'd go with Acer if I were you.
    Sure Asus has better CPU, but not by much. CPU difference is minimal here in real performance.
    Acer has twice the system RAM, and twice the video RAM as well. On the top of that, it has a 6-cell battery pack which means it will last longer.

I assume you will need the laptop for gaming. The more system RAM and video RAM will offer more improvements than the tiny difference the CPU is offering.

Vash, Oct 9, 2016
Ask a Question