LAN card / Wireless / Terminal / USB Ports not Working!!!

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by saad, May 11, 2009.

1. saad

saad

Hello,

I'm having major problems with the linpus on my acer. Firstly, the LAN card as well as the wireless are not working. Secondly, I can't seem to access terminal. I open terminal but I get nothing & i'm not able to type anything in it. Aside from that, my USB ports are not working. I was thinking of restoring the system but without the USB ports i don't know how to fix the system!! :cry:
    Other problems are no sound plugins and on the status bar i get the plug symbol for power even when I'm running the netbook with the battery!! . . .I'm really stumped & stressed with all these problems; any help to got about getting the default system back will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Saad

saad, May 11, 2009
  2. saad

comradenemo

Hey Saad, How about a little history on the Aspire? That Might Help.
    Nemo

comradenemo, May 11, 2009
  3. saad

solpuerto

Hi saad

It sounds as though you are having major problems.
    Even though your system is not recognising your USB ports it may still be able to boot from a USB. The only way to find out is to try it. You either need a USB CD/DVD drive or access to another computer to build a recovery USB stick as per Acer instructions.
    Remember to change boot order to USB.

Best wishes.

solpuerto, May 11, 2009
  4. saad

saad

Solpuerto,

I tried to make a recovery USB but the DVD hangs on me after i click the make recovery usb stick. Any ideas where i can download the live image / copy from the internet.

thanks,

saad, May 12, 2009
  5. saad

saad

Nemo,

I've got Linpus Lite, 16GB SSD with RealTek as the LAN card...i connected the netbook once on the lan and it worked fine, next day when i tried to reconnect and it would not work, next thing i know i lose everything (wireless, terminal, USB port!!)..i know its sounds strange but I didn't even make any tweaks related to networking or ports. Only tweak i did was to get rid of the acer desktop and replace it with the xfce desktop...apart from that no other tweaks!..I'm not sure, why and how this fault(s) have occured.

Thanks

saad, May 12, 2009
  6. saad

=DJ=

Interesting thread - I have here a week old AOA110 displaying exactly the same symptoms!

My father-in-law gave it to me to find out "why it doesn't connect to the internet", but I can see that the NIC, Wifi, webcam, sound, USB ports are all offline. If you run terminal you just get the block cursor - no prompt, and cannot type anything.

It's not been modified in anyway (he wouldn't know how! :lol: ) though he did mention that after viewing some pictures on a USB memory stick he unplugged it without shutting the machine down. I can't imagine such scurrilous treatment would trash an OS and/or motherboard though....surely?

saad - let us know how you get on, and I'll be sure to post updates here too. You're not alone! :shock:

=DJ=, May 13, 2009
  7. saad

=DJ=

Just to draw a line under this - after fruitlessly trying to make the restore DVD process work we finally managed to get the whole episode resolved yesterday. We took the unit back to the retailer and demanded a replacement!

Sorry we don't have a better suggestion / fix than that!

Dan

=DJ=, May 17, 2009
  8. saad

JamesPage

Hello Saad

My ACer has exactly the same problem too - no terminal, usb, or networking !

Did you find a solution ?

JamesPage, Jul 21, 2009
  9. saad

=DJ=

I can't speak for Saad of course, but in our case the fault was traced to a faulty motherboard... :shock:

=DJ=, Jul 22, 2009
Ask a Question