LAGGY INTERNET

Discussion in 'Windows' started by karan1686, Apr 2, 2009.

1. karan1686

karan1686

Hey guys just got one of these acer aspire one 160g last week, nice bit of kit, just software annoying me, i am running windows xp and the internet is a bit slow at times, it hangs for bit, then comes back full throttle then hangs again, its a bit annoying. Signal is good, router is 100% fine, wi-fi drivers upto date just wondering if its general problem, or there something i could do to stop this?

thanks

karan1686, Apr 2, 2009
  2. karan1686

Forone

Never had quite your problem, and of course sometimes the slowdown is at the site server or with your ISP rather than in your network, but some things to try are:

r-clk My Computer/Properties/Hardware/Device Manager/Network Adapters/Atheros/Properties/Advanced and turn "Power Saving Mode" to "off"

I've also disabled but not uninstalled QoS (google this and be sure you don't have devices that require it) which by default reserves 20% of your bandwidth for certain devices, some debate as to whether this is effective but seems to me it is:

r-clk My Network Places/Wireless Network Connection/General/ untick "QoS Packet Scheduling"

Good luck.

Forone, Apr 2, 2009
  3. karan1686

karan1686

cool, thanks for the reply, i will test this out.

karan1686, Apr 3, 2009
Ask a Question