Konqueror,VLC,NAS and thunar....

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Patof, Oct 1, 2008.

1. Patof

Patof

I'm currently running Konqueror as my file browser, everything is fine exept for, when i want to open a video file (.avi) from my NAS,konqueror copies the file to a temp file then start VLC ??
    is there a way to force konqueror to start playing the file right away instead of downloading it ???
    am i missing something ??

Is there a way to remove thunar as a file manager and replace it only with konqueror??

I love my AA1

Patof, Oct 1, 2008
  2. Patof

kevin

I'm afraid I don't know the answer to your question, but I can see why konq behaves the way it does. Basically it's a web browser, no? So it's handling file opens the same way a web browser would -- by making a local copy. I'm sure somebody who knows more about konq can answer your question, but you might have more success on a KDE forum than here, since it's not specifically a AA1 issue.

As for removing thunar, I imagine something like `sudo rpm -e thunar' is what you need. Actually, that won't work because the thunar installation has some Acer-specific name so you'll need to browse the packages (rpm -q -a) to find what it's really called. But, quite honestly, I have no idea what else will break if you do this.

I'm also interested in what you think makes konq a better file manager than Thunar. Just curious :)

kevin, Oct 2, 2008
Ask a Question