Killed Acer Mail, help?

Discussion in 'Linux' started by brianburnham, Oct 29, 2008.

1. brianburnham

brianburnham

Mail is no longer launching for me, and despite its limitations it actually did a good job of retrieving mail from my exchange/OWA server so I'd like to get it back.

Clicking the icon gets me a curser whirlygig for about five seconds then nothing. I don't know where the actual binary lives to try to execute it from the terminal and see what it wants.

I recently replaced the IM with Pidgin per Macles. Does anyone know if libpurple is a dependency of acer mail/evolution? Anyone know what package might bring back mail?

Also recently changed:
    Updated Java (but switched to icedtea per Macles and mail still didn't launch)
    Installed Fuse with no dependencies and then GmailFS and sshfs (using instructions here: http://the.taoofmac.com/media/Acer/Aspi ... notes.html)

brianburnham, Oct 29, 2008
  2. brianburnham

Guest Guest

Guest, Oct 29, 2008
  3. brianburnham

brianburnham

Hmm, file moved? Link is bad :(

brianburnham, Oct 29, 2008
  4. brianburnham

jhedrotten

try this one dude, but it will install Mozilla Thunderbird though. Hope this helps. http://isipnanakakahon.blogspot.com/200 ... d-and.html

jhedrotten, Oct 30, 2008
  5. brianburnham

brianburnham

I have Thunderbird installed, but it doesn't do exchange.

I looked in the /usr/acer/bin and i don't see anything that looks like mail - no AME, onemail, evolution or anything like that, so it appears the exe was removed with some package.

brianburnham, Oct 30, 2008
  6. brianburnham

rbil

Yes, your assumption is correct. You'll need AME in /usr/acer/bin to have Acer's email. Sorry, but i don't know what could have removed it from your system, nor how you'd get it back short of doing a recovery of your system using Acer's recovery system.

Cheers.

rbil, Oct 30, 2008
Ask a Question