Keys and touchpad locked (4th LED with lock symbol blinking)

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by abc, Feb 6, 2009.

1. abc

abc

Somehow I locked the keys and touchpad. The 4th LED from the left at the top left of the laptop is blinking (it has a symbol next to it that looks like a lock with a capital A in it.) I can't figure out how to unlock the keypad and touchpad. This has got to be some simple key combination or something I hit. Is there a switch or something that locks and unlocks both the keys and touchpad? This is very annoying, I have been searching google over 30 minutes, and couldn't find any solution. The Aspire one manual seems to not have any information on what that fourth LED is for or how to lock or unlock the keys and keypad... thanks in advance.

Oh, by the way, I tried all the Fn + Fx Keys, such as Fn + F11 and Fn + F12... they don't help.

- Jeff

abc, Feb 6, 2009
  2. abc

chemigame

bro that indicator is capslock indicator......

chemigame, Feb 6, 2009
  3. abc

chemigame

press Fn+F7 to unlock the touch pad, its given in guide bro, read the guide book completely it has many useful information..........

chemigame, Feb 6, 2009
  4. abc

abc

Um Chemigame, sorry to say, but at least your second comment is wrong... not only was the touch pad locked, but the keys were also unusable, and pressing Fn+F7 does nothing in the state I am talking about, furthermore I did read that page in the manual several times and also looked through the whole manual. I was able to determine by rebooting that and having the problem occur once more that the problem was due to loading a certain web page in Firefox using Fedora 10. I'm not sure if it is an OS bug or what, but any time I loaded that web page it would lock up the whole PC, and it would blink that fourth LED (ok, so it's the caps lock LED, that doesn't make much sense). Anyway, I was able to determine that the problem is probably a bug in the OS that is doing something strange, if it happens again, i will try to set up some more kernel debuggin options and kernel logging to try to see what is really going on. Anyway, thanks for the comments. If anyone else has had this strange behavior occur post the conditions that seemed to cause it in this thread. I am quite sure that it wasn't any keystroe combination I pressed that caused it to lock up and blink the caps lock led.

abc, Feb 9, 2009
Ask a Question