Keyboard wear - what keys did you rub off?

Discussion in 'Laptop General Discussion' started by CasualGoofy, Apr 6, 2016.

1. CasualGoofy

Novelangel

The keys I've worn off the most are the R, I, O, K, A, N, L, back space and the shift key. There's no rhyme or reason to it, but that's the situation. The numbers still look good and most of the letters are at least still readable. I wonder if anyone has ever just taken white paint and repainted the letters on the keys? I touch-type so it's not a big deal what is missing just as long as I can feel where my index fingers are supposed to go. Actually I think it would be amusing to paint all of the keys solid black so that when someone tries to borrow my laptop, they will have no idea what they're typing. Of course that only works with 'hunt and peck' typists, but it would still be funny. :D

Novelangel, May 19, 2016
  2. CasualGoofy

obliviousme

My laptop is only a little over 2 years old and i guess I'm not a hard typer because my keys are still pretty much intact and no smudges on the keys either. Eventually the keys will start looking like it's age and well, i'll cross that bridge when i get there. For now i'm just happy it's not giving me any troubles.

obliviousme, May 24, 2016
  3. CasualGoofy

Sealpikachu

Thanks to Binding of Isaac, WASD keys are almost non legible on my laptop now. The arrow keys are getting there too. This is the first time I use keys so much they rubb off too so it frustrates me a bit. Honestly considering getting stickers to put on top of them.

Sealpikachu, May 24, 2016
  4. CasualGoofy

SirJoe

Consider yourself lucky my laptop's keyboard started showing wear and tear not even a year after I bought it. The letters are still in perfect shape but most of the keys already have a shine on them.

SirJoe, May 24, 2016
Ask a Question