Keyboard - two keys are making a weird sound

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by lems, Sep 6, 2008.

1. lems

lems

My keyboard is fine except for two keys. When I hit them they make a sound like they are hitting metal, or clicking on something. I can't return it as I've already returned one cuz Acer told me to when I rang to register it. They listened to the sound of the fan over the phone and said it was too loud, but the new one was the same. :D

I know now that I have the latest bios so that would be the fan noise prob.

So now I'd rather the first one back as the keyboard didn't have an issue, but that ship has sailed. Anyone have a similar prob?

Anyone know how to fix it. I keep pressing them as they annoy me just knowing they are there. Sometimes they don't make the sound, so it must be only when you hit them from a certain angle. :cry:

I thought something may have been stuck under them like dust but I've tried blowing under them and it doesn't make any difference. The keys are beside each other. Does anyone think they could break if the arent put on the keyboard properly and if they do in the warranty time would it be covered.

lems, Sep 6, 2008
  2. lems

jango

Let me now, the keys are "Q" and "A"????

jango, Sep 7, 2008
  3. lems

lems

My noisy keys are D & F. When it was turned off I gently tapped it on the back to see if that might release any dust or anything else that could be stuck under the keys out. When it was still turned off the keys sounded normal & even when it was first turned on they were quiet. But after a while they started to be noisy again. maybe a heat issue? I'm just going to ignore them if I can as everything else is working fine and these computers aren't made like $1000 laptops so I suppose we have to accept some little probs.

lems, Sep 7, 2008
  4. lems

jango

I think is a eat problem, you can see that the left side is more worm then the right side...

jango, Sep 7, 2008
  5. lems

lems

If the keys stop working or break off do you think they will repair under warranty? The F really feels like it's crunching against something and i'm worried it's going to break when I type. The D isnt as bad.

lems, Sep 7, 2008
  6. lems

jango

I think with the use they gone be better...

jango, Sep 7, 2008
  7. lems

lems

thank you. D feels like it's fixed but it wasnt as bad anyway. F is still noisy & crunchy sometimes. I sometimes say the word starting with F when it crunches. especially as i use ctrl F a lot. :D

lems, Sep 9, 2008
Ask a Question