Keyboard shortcut to access the desktop?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Chycky, Oct 1, 2008.

1. Chycky

Chycky

I otfen use Firefox in fullscreen mode and therefore doesn't see my desktop or panel when I use the browser. Is there any way to easy switch between the browser (or another program in fullscreen) and the desktop. I want to access the desktop easy with just pressing some keys on my keyboard? Right now I have to exit Firefox fullscreen mode and click with the mousepad on the house-symbol at the panel. This is not a very easy way to access the desktop. Is there any other quick method?

Chycky, Oct 1, 2008
  2. Chycky

rbil

Setup more than one desktop (workspace) if you're using Linux.

Cheers.

rbil, Oct 1, 2008
  3. Chycky

daldred

There's a home button on the keyboard (where another operating system would have a Windows key) - that takes me back to the "home" desktop screen on mine.

Or, as just said, you can set up more than one desktop - but not from the basic Linpus front end without enabling advanced mode.

daldred, Oct 1, 2008
  4. Chycky

Angel

I am using an XP AA1, not sure if this works on Loosernix, but what I do is hold down the windows key and then tap 'D'. Then to get the screen back up, I just repeat the key sequence, but only if I haven't click on anything else or opened anything else in any other way.

The other method is to get someone else to do it for you, technically, then you only have to issue verbal commands, which is really not very taxing at all (J/K!!!)

yah... try the windows key + D.

Angel
    xoxoxoxo

Angel, Oct 1, 2008
  5. Chycky

kevin

Settings|Window Manager|Keyboard

There's a whole list of shortcuts. `Show desktop' is not assigned by default, but you can map any keystroke you like to it. The `home' key on mine doesn't do anything, and it doesn't seem to be (easily) possible to map it to anything.

kevin, Oct 1, 2008
  6. Chycky

Chycky

Ok, stupid of me to not check the Home-button on my keyboard . :(

I can use the right menu at my desktop. I have already changed the desktop settings to allow me to get the menu by right clicking. How do I switch between multiple workspaces if I add another one? I know how to add them, but how do I switch between them?

Edit:

I got it. I can switch between the workspaces by using Ctrl+F1 etc.

Chycky, Oct 1, 2008
  7. Chycky

Chycky

When I use Firefox in fullscreen mode, then I can use the button with the house on it to access the desktop, no problem! This will work just fine.

Chycky, Oct 1, 2008
Ask a Question