Keyboard setting and book mark backup

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by lscc61114, Oct 28, 2008.

1. lscc61114

lscc61114

Hi I Have just got a AAO linux + SSD and very pleased with it, after much deliberation

Sorry I'm a complete noooooob, how can I Get the @ and " swapped, I have tried english UK and english US but I cant get them right, its just annoying me.

Also how can I backup my book marks in case of re-install,
    Thanks
    Dave

lscc61114, Oct 28, 2008
  2. lscc61114

Blingin2Mingin

What keyboard layout are you using?

I use Opera as my main browser and it has a synchronise option that Keeps my bookmarks the same on any pc I use.
    There is a Firefox extension that does a similar thing it is called Foxmarks.
    http://www.foxmarks.com/
    You creat a free account and the extension seamlessly backs up your bookmarks after every change. It also now will optionally do your passwords too, but that would be a step too far for me.

Blingin2Mingin, Oct 29, 2008
  3. lscc61114

lscc61114

Thanks for your reply, I'll try that.

The Keyboard I have is with the " above the 2 and the @ above the ', (two keys left from the return key)
    this is the same as my Siemens laptop. So think this is just a normal English Keyboard.

I know its not the end of the world, but you know what its like when somethings driving you mad,

Many thanks for your Advice
    Dave

lscc61114, Oct 29, 2008
  4. lscc61114

Hellybob

I had that on my new AAO that I got on Sunday. I had to do a fresh install after my live updates made it not pick up my network and since then it had been fine.

I think it was because I might have picked English US initially and not UK. Is there are option to alter this now? At work so can't check.

Hellybob, Oct 29, 2008
  5. lscc61114

lscc61114

Thanks, yes that seems to be the problem, although it appears to let you change it by right clicking the keyboard icon, but maybe its just not accepting that.
    I could try a re-install I guess.

So is the live update a bad idea then?

Thanks for your help
    Dave

lscc61114, Oct 29, 2008
  6. lscc61114

Hellybob

No my went OK afterwards I think I just powered it off or something whilst it was doing it.

Hellybob, Oct 29, 2008
Ask a Question