Keyboard or software fault?

Discussion in 'Linux' started by gav123456, Oct 6, 2008.

1. gav123456

gav123456

Hi all,

New to Linux (VB developer on Windows!) ...I got my aspire one a few days ago - the 8gb model initially - and it was great. Using it mainly for word processing and a bit of internet as well.

Problem is, after a few days I noticed that for every few words I typed, a letter would be repeated (e.g. reppeated). At first I thought this was just my dodgy typing, but after a bit of testing realised that, however carefully I typed, it still did it. Thought at first this might be an openoffice bug, but alas it also does it in my Yahoo webmail account (and a few words ago, also in this forum).

So, I thought it might be a glitch with Linux, but to be safe took it back to the shop for a swap. - As of yesterday I now have the 120gb model, and to my dismay the same thing is happening! Whatever application I have open, every few words a letter is duplicated.

Now, this isn't a huge issue, but when trying to concentrate it is very, very annoying.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Anyone heard of this happening before? Do you think switching to Windows XP will make any difference (thinking about doing this anyway)

Thanks guys - this glitch is happening at quite a bad time for me so any suggestions / help much appreciated.

Gavin

gav123456, Oct 6, 2008
Ask a Question