Keyboard Marks on Bezel, Bezel Marks on Touchpad

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by erietdyk, Dec 20, 2008.

1. erietdyk

erietdyk

Everyone gets them, and everyone's annoyed with the company for getting them. The little rubber stoppers on the bezel don't seem to be doing their job very well on stopping the bezel before it can clash down with the keyboard.

At this point, I have two horizontal lines on either side of my bezel, a line on both sides of the camera, a line on both sides of my touchpad, and its just plain annoying. Now, I'm not one to be known for slamming the laptop shut, so I have no idea why these are occurring!

I was wondering if anyone had a trick to stop these from occurring in the first place, and if you do, please share!

Also, if you have some way of diminishing the look of the lines, that would also help. Go at it!

erietdyk, Dec 20, 2008
  2. erietdyk

hillsoft

What I do with all my laptops is keep that little protective keyboard cover that they use when shipping the laptop. Basically that real thin sheet of white foam (almost like a small towel).

I keep that and just lay it down on the keyboard before closing the lid. Keeps the keys from hitting the keyboard and marking or transferring oil from the hands to the keys, to the screen.

Works great.

hillsoft, Dec 20, 2008
  3. erietdyk

RetiredInAZ

My solution was to use the bumper pads they use on cabinet doors.

I had some clear plastic ones and placed them about 3/4 of an inch from each side and about 1/4" down. The 'plastic dots' work very well. You can buy them at hardware stores.

Gary

RetiredInAZ, Feb 22, 2009
Ask a Question