KEYBOARD AND TOUCHPAD wont work

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by bigbrian, Jan 18, 2011.

1. bigbrian

bigbrian

Hi all,

HELP !!!!!

I bought an ACER ASPIRE ONE ZG5 - AOA110 -AW model off e-bay. Only thing was; it had a cracked screen, but woked perfectly well. I set it all up before changing the screen.

I changed the screen with a brand new one and ever since then, my keyboard and touchpad are not operating !!!!!. (Pressing caps lock or Numeric Lock doesn't make any LED's go on - dead !)

Took netbook apart and checked all connections...Still nothing !!!

Put the old cracked screen back in, incase it was some strange bizzar screen incompatibility thing (even though it's the same type of screen!)

However,,, still nothing !!!!

Have I somehow disabled the keboard and touchpad !??? HELP !!!!

Thanks all !!!

Brian

bigbrian, Jan 18, 2011
  2. bigbrian

bigbrian

Oh; and just to add,

Can get into the BIOS okay and and move up and down the menu's okay. Caps lock goes on and off fine then as soon as I save and exit, Linux comes on and no keypad or touchpad functionality occurs!!

Wierd!

Any idea's, corrupt driver? If so, why would it work in the BIOS???

AAAARGH!!!

bigbrian, Jan 18, 2011
  3. bigbrian

donec

Could you provide more information about what you mean and did when you say "set it all up"

donec, Jan 18, 2011
  4. bigbrian

donec

Simply if it was hardware then it would not work with Bios either. So that means it must be software, ie: driver, setting etc.

Do you have an external keyboard you could try? The software may see it differently.

donec, Jan 18, 2011
  5. bigbrian

bigbrian

Hi,

Thanks for quick reply.

Sorry...When I mean "I set it up" I mean. i connected it to the Internet and very basic things like, setting my E-mail up.

It all worked fine, then I shut it down and changed the screen, powered it up and screen was fine but keyboard, touchpad did not operate.

Works in BIOS though !!!

Was going to install XP on it anyway, so hopefully the XP drivers will kick it up the A*S*. However, I wanted to make sure 100% that I haven't damaged it. I have noticed that my WIFI LED doesn't come on either when I press the toggle switch. It looks like I have lost ALL my drivers !!!! , can't find any online for the ACER ASPIRE ONE ZG5 AOA 110.

I don't have an external keyboard, but I tried an external mouse (USB). This didn't work. It's as if these drivers have disapeared too. WIERD !

bigbrian, Jan 18, 2011
  6. bigbrian

donec

Do you have an external CD/DVD burner or player?

donec, Jan 19, 2011
  7. bigbrian

bigbrian

Yes,

Managed to borrow one from work.

Getting ready to use it to install XP, which should hopefully get it going ! (I love LINUX but most of my world is Windowns based :cry: ).

Trying to track down all the drivers, before I do this though !

bigbrian, Jan 19, 2011
  8. bigbrian

bigbrian

Well,

It's all working now, thanks to a long process of loading XP and as many drivers as I could find !

However; having the same problems as most seem to have with the Wireless LAN.

Can't get the WIFI to work. Anyone have any idea where I can get the drivers ?

Thanks

Bigbrian

bigbrian, Jan 19, 2011
Ask a Question