Keyboard and Touchpad Problems

Discussion in 'Laptop General Discussion' started by Hunter D.S., Jun 11, 2013.

1. Hunter D.S.

Hunter D.S.

Hi. Yesterday I had spilled some lemonade on my laptop. Initially (after I had taken a damp cloth over the moist areas, and then whipping off and drying), the keyboard wasn't working. Several keys, including the A and Backspace keys, had switched their functions, typing in alternate characters and such. After removing the keyboard to clean the keyboard again, the touchpad had stopped working, despite working previously last night and this morning before I had removed the keyboard.

I own a Toshiba Satellite L655, and I'm wondering if I need to purchase a new laptop, or if I can replace the keyboard to fix both these problems, or even replace both the touchpad and keyboard. If I have to do the latter, how much might the estimated cost be? I would rather install both myself to cut down on costs. Thanks.

EDIT: I had forgot to mention that this morning I also started up my system, having it check if any files were corrupted as a part of the startup. Everything was there, nothing corrupted, and when I did take it apart last night, there was no moisture on the motherboard. It starts up fine, and I can sign into my user just fine (the keys needed to do so aren't damaged). Everything is fine aside from about 11 damaged key functions and the touchpad.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2013
    Hunter D.S., Jun 11, 2013
  2. Hunter D.S.

something back

Fluid spills One genuine tip Seal the laptop in a plastic bag filled with cat litter granules. The cat litter will take the moisture out. Many parts are available online do a Google search “Toshiba Satellite L655 parts” also look at ebay and amazon

something back, Jun 11, 2013
  3. Hunter D.S.

something back

something back, Jun 11, 2013
  4. Hunter D.S.

Ziggy925

Take the keyboard off and spray the heck out of it with an electronics cleaner available at Radio Shack and other places, paying special attention to the areas where the bad keys are. Lemonade is kinda sticky when it dries, so treating it like water isn't going to do much. If you're brave you can also pry off the problematic keys and clean the switches underneath them. Try to observe how they are assembled as reassembly can be problematic. Sometimes it's just easier to get a new keyboard off eBay.

Ziggy925, Sep 17, 2013
  5. Hunter D.S.

Aaron Abner

I've my own Razor 15, facing touch problem in touch pad.. Please recommend me better place to renew it.. Thank you..

Aaron Abner, Oct 13, 2013
Ask a Question