keeps downloading same stuff, then cuts connection

Discussion in 'Linux' started by jtl, Dec 12, 2008.

1. jtl

jtl

has this happened to anyone else? i just bought this and there are lots of updates to download, takes more than half an hour. but once it gets through the whole list of downloads, it starts downloading them all over again from the top of the list. but the second time around, once it gets to the fourth or fifth item, it cuts off my internet connection and the wifi and lan icons disappear. ive had to run the recovery USB twice now to regain the internet connection. ive also tried stopping the downloads before it starts to repeat downloading them, but that doesnt work either, the downloads dont seem to be registering anywhere. i would normally just say to hell with it and not take any of the updates, but i need the one to get messenger working again. anyone have any hints?

jtl, Dec 12, 2008
  2. jtl

Bareassedmunky

I've had the same problem, plus I have had trouble installing programmes from the acer website, they download and unzip fine, but when the installation progress bar gets to within a pixel or two of the end, it just stays there. I assume these two problems are related.

I've e-mailed acer, but it will probably be a while before they get back to me due to the time of the year

Bareassedmunky, Dec 27, 2008
Ask a Question