Just wondering

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Adrastious, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Adrastious

Adrastious

Hello to all the community I suppose almost everyone from the United Kingdom, I'm from Mexico and got a Acer aspire one 150 hehe, 160gbHDD 1.3 megapx webcam etc. Well My new netbook (this acer) was brought to me on december, at the time I opened the box etc. I inmedeatly powered it on, it went to the winxp setup of name of accounts etc.

The problem is we had to go and I shut it down from the button, then after I came back the setup was damaged and had to format it via de alt + f10 command, then I was working so good on my new netbook, cared about it so much you know the first days you get something new, so nice.

A day or 2 went on and then after this days I had a problem, the A1 just out of nowhere freezed, no movement could be made, no touchpad, no keyboard input, nothing just shut it down with the power button, this happened also in the windows booting, and like 3 times and then it worked good, or I was watching a video on youtube or songs online and blue screen of death...

So I took it to my local repairing place, with warranty :) I was hoping happily this wouldn't take too long BUT it did, like 3-4 weeks to get it done, and after I went for it that same day the first use I had the computer "froze" again like the time I left it for them to repair it.. and I was very pissed... After this I tried to reboot hoping this was my imagination but no, repeated again, and then I was starting to shout bcuz they told me "its working fine" ... I installed ubuntu on it and worked fine, and then made my hard disk just one "piece" and installed win xp pro sp3 and installed drivers, I'm getting this freezing error again, not so much but it keeps coming and I don't want to let this netbook go away one more month I really don't want that.

All I'm wondering it's if anyone has encountered that error and how did you fixed it. Or possible ideas, fixes that could help me.

P.S. The harddrive of the A1 was replaced for a new one or so they say... xD :lol:

I'll be eager to hear something and thanks in advance guys!

Adrastious, Jan 27, 2009
  2. Adrastious

Adrastious

no hope of getting awnsers right.. :(

Adrastious, Jan 29, 2009
  3. Adrastious

jackluo923

I think you're wrong about most poeple here are from UK.
    I used to have the same problem.

The fix for me is to turn down the LCD brightness, turn the volume down a lot, adjust the wifi power setting to Maximum power save.

jackluo923, Jan 29, 2009
  4. Adrastious

azz2811

i dont have this problem but i herd that some one tried a bios update (macles tutorial) and then after that re-installed windows xp sp3 and it worked. Search google for macles blogspot or macles bios update it is a very good and extremely easy way to do it. Hope this helps keep us posted

azz2811, Jan 29, 2009
  5. Adrastious

Adrastious

Thanks

I'm searching for the option to adjust the wi-fi to maximum power save, I have noticed that the aspireone almost doesn't freeze when the sound is on mute or on sound is on.. Many times de sound goes like laggy and freezes, and you know that's kinda embarazing besides a Asus EEE netbook at school. Theres times I got sound to max, lcd max, and no freezing.. I don't know what the cause to this malfunctioning to be, but when it freezes I noticed you can still do the Fn keys like brightness, turn off the lcd light (f6)..

I read about the bios changing method, but I purchased this netbook on December and it has the 3309 Bios, that I see is the latest one so the Bios method I just really didn't messed more about it..

Any more help is greatly appreciated, maybe this solution can help more people with this trouble that doesn't want to wait many weeks on a warranty repair to fix this.

So now I know not everyone is from the Uk, sorry for the generalization..

Thanks a lot guys,
    Carlos. :p

Adrastious, Jan 29, 2009
  6. Adrastious

jackluo923

Your problem is actually pretty common. My AAO sometimes freeze when the volume is too high. It's a design fault in AAO's powersupply.

The powersupply problem leads to:
    unstable wifi
    flickering screen
    random freeze
    bsod...etc

jackluo923, Jan 30, 2009
  7. Adrastious

Adrastious

Well, Im going to take it to the warranty repair shop and im talking to the owner because this is the 2nd time this happens,who knows maybe it malfunctions and I get a new one or the new model hahaha well sorry for the spelling but my keyboard is not configured, a new trouble of the AA1 xD doesnt load my config because windows says it cant do it but w&E xD thx guys anymore ideas before mid/day are appreciated and thanks again.

carlos

Adrastious, Jan 30, 2009
Ask a Question