Just upgraded BIOS, keeps powering down

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by zap_1961, Aug 1, 2011.

1. zap_1961

zap_1961

I have searched the site to try and find my answer, so please excuse if I missed it. I have a AAO, AOA150, 1G, couple of years old. Was having charging issues so I tried the BIOS upgrade. I believe I went from 3305, up to 3310. No matter if I let it boot up to the acer screen , do a safe boot, or a setup, it powers down after a about a minute. Where can I find older versions of the BIOS to downgrade back to 3305 or at least a different version?

Does anyone have any other ideas? It's not a brick, and I can even navigate once in the setup, but right in the middle of moving around it turns itself off. I have a big 9 cel battery in it, but I also tried my original 3 cel, with the same problem.

Scott

zap_1961, Aug 1, 2011
  2. zap_1961

zap_1961

Re: Just upgraded BIOS, keeps powering down, fixed that, but

Well after a few attempts of swapping batteries, removing power and holding the WiFi switch off, the system booted and has booted a couple of times.

Now I can't get any network connections, either WiFi or land line. The WiFi can log into my wireless router. but that is it. When I plug in the land line the PC enumerates, but again that is it. I can't ping my server or any other server. Like 184.186.216.47, which is my ISP.

Everything looks correct, all the setup/options/dhcp looks fine.....

Any ideas?

scott

zap_1961, Aug 1, 2011
  3. zap_1961

zap_1961

Re: Just upgraded BIOS, keeps powering down, fixed, but new

Well after a few attempts of swapping batteries, removing power and holding the WiFi switch off, the system booted and has booted a couple of times.

Now I can't get any network connections, either WiFi or land line. The WiFi can log into my wireless router, but that is it. When I plug in the land line the PC enumerates, but again that is it. I can't ping my server or any other server. Like 184.186.216.47, which is my ISP.

Everything looks correct, all the setup/options/dhcp looks fine..... other PC's are fine, ISP is up and I can ping with the other PC's, both on WiFI and Land Line....

Any ideas?

scott

zap_1961, Aug 1, 2011
  4. zap_1961

cloveious

Hi,

I've been there and done that with my ZG5

When I went through my bios can't recognize my battery nightmare, I pulled the battery and ran the laptop on wall power to prevent it from powering down.

I then upgraded my bios to 0.3309 with setup utility 3.5, which I still use. I powered the laptop down after the bios install and put the battery back in and restarted and it worked properly.

cloveious, Sep 11, 2011
Ask a Question