Just performed ram upgrade but now monitor is messed up

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by Jediphx, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Jediphx

Jediphx

ok I now have 1.5 gigs of ram but when i booted up my screen is off to the left and never uses the whole lcd. Also windows keeps telling me I have 3 digital flat panels 1024x768 and the only supported mode is 800x600. Could the lcd wire be crimped?

Also the 1 gig stick I used is listed as compatible: Samsung 1GB 2Rx8 PC2-5300s-555-12-e3 (533Mhz , DDR2 , SODIMM)

Please help

Jediphx, Jan 14, 2009
  2. Jediphx

Jediphx

I have tried everything including a restore to new status and I still have the same problem. I called Acer Tech and they had me try multiple things and they couldn't figure it out either and suggest I send it in for warranty repair.

Jediphx, Jan 14, 2009
  3. Jediphx

KiNG

windows xp or linpus ?

if you have windows xp, go into device manager, delete the graphics card drivers and monitors from the list and restart.
    does it use the full screen before it boots into the operating system?

was it working before you upgraded the ram ?

KiNG, Jan 14, 2009
  4. Jediphx

jknights

I had this problem.

All you need to do is open up the AAO again and unplug the video cable then plug it in again. Then make sure it is seated correctly.

I had exactly the same problem with one unit and it was the video cable was slightly pulled out at an angle in the motherboard socket.

Good luck.

jknights, Jan 14, 2009
  5. Jediphx

Jediphx

well update, I spent 2 hours unplugging and re-plugging that video cable but it did not help. I ended up sending it in for warranty repair and just got an update that it has been approved for repair (i guess thats a good thing :) ) I dont know if I really want to risk the ram upgrade again just for an extra 500 megs of ram.

Jediphx, Jan 26, 2009
  6. Jediphx

Jediphx

its been 8 business days so far that Acer has had it. Only update I can get is that its been approved for repair and its on the workbench but no other notes. sigh

Jediphx, Feb 2, 2009
  7. Jediphx

Jediphx

Wahoo just out of the blue today I got the email and tracking number saying that its back on its way to me. Fingers crossed

Jediphx, Feb 4, 2009
  8. Jediphx

Jediphx

Is upgrading the ram to 1.5 gigs required really for running Vista nicely on the AA1? I am now skiddish to perform the upgrade again since I have already had to send it in for warranty repair once.

Jediphx, Feb 4, 2009
  9. Jediphx

Jediphx

omg!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just got it back in I opened the box and turned it on and screen is fixed. Letter says they had to replace the whole mainboard and lcd cable. I was bootinginto XP and the windows sound cut off and now all the speakers do it click click. I think the damn speakers just blew !!!!!!!!!!!

Jediphx, Feb 4, 2009
  10. Jediphx

Jediphx

well i had my AA1 back for 30 mins and now its already packed up and shipping out fedex to service repair at Acers expense. I am requesting a new replacement at this point since the netbook is barely two months old. I have reached my patience limit.

Jediphx, Feb 5, 2009
  11. Jediphx

Jediphx

Well Acer says the Hard drive was what was making the clicking noise so they replace it and the speakers as well as upgraded the bios. Im curious about the bios upgrade because when i sent it back in it had the latest bios available. It should arrive Monday so I will update you.

Jediphx, Feb 15, 2009
  12. Jediphx

covert

Don't blame acer. You know who is at fault.

covert, Feb 19, 2009
  13. Jediphx

Jediphx

Dude the speakers were not my fauly, i didnt perform the ram upgrade again after I received it fixed. chill out. Everything is fixed now btw.

Jediphx, Feb 19, 2009
  14. Jediphx

Jediphx

Well I take it back, I was just browsing the web and all of the sudden I heard the popping sound coming from the speakers. Now I have the same problem as before, no sound from speakers just a popping noise even when im not playing anything. If I plug headphones in I hear music fine. Sigh guess its back to Acer for a third time.

Jediphx, Feb 22, 2009
Ask a Question