Just had to update/boot to BIOS - Battery knackered ?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by bilabonic, Jan 7, 2012.

1. bilabonic

bilabonic

Hi All

Left my Acer one unplugged for 2 days and just went to boot it with power lead and all i had was the power light blinking 4 times. This continued blinking with power lead in.

I managed to reboot it using this guide -

http://en.kioskea.net/forum/affich-9512 ... -t-boot-up

Why has this happened ?

Is my internal BIOS battery knackered ?? How do i check it.

Also i am sure the lappy does not shut down propwrly when i cloase the lid even though i have the correct settings ?

Also when the battery is unplugged how long should i expect to get out of it ? I only get about 30 mins (standard battery and minimum progs running)

Cheers

bilabonic, Jan 7, 2012
  2. bilabonic

nestone

The BIOS problem is common with the AOA-150 or equivalent. It happened to me as well. If you used the latest BIOS restore, it shouldn't happen again. If you are only getting 30 minutes on your battery, it must be wearing out. However, you should check the power brick to make sure it is charging properly. Does the amber charging light eventually go green? You can get a 6 cell replacement that is good for 4 to 6 hours off eBay for about $35. You didn't mention what OS you are using. I'm assuming it is Windows XP.

nestone, Jan 8, 2012
  3. bilabonic

bilabonic

Hi

This has just happened again ???

The battery does go green after a while and it shows charging percentage etc and when i unplug from fully green charge i get about 30 mins with 2200mAh battery.

When i did the recovery to latest BIOS did it update it as well or just allow me to boot up ?? How do i check ???

Why is this happening if i leave lappy unplugged for 24 hrs (or less?)

I am on XP

Any ideas what to do next ??

Cheers

bilabonic, Jan 10, 2012
  4. bilabonic

mutahhar

i have similar issue ith AOD 257
    windows starter
    new battery
    timing is good, but sometime won't charge it fully

mutahhar, Apr 14, 2012
Ask a Question