It's official: Older versions of Internet Explorer are now at risk

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Sefie, Feb 13, 2016.

1. Sefie

Sefie

Microsoft this week made good on a 2014 promise and withheld security updates from users of older versions of the company's Internet Explorer (IE) browser.

All Windows users still running IE7 or IE8, and those running IE9 on any other edition of Windows but Vista, as well as those using IE10 on anything but Windows Server 2012, did not receive the patches Microsoft distributed Tuesday to systems equipped with the newer IE11 or Edge browsers.

As is its practice, Microsoft issued a single, cumulative update for IE on Feb. 9. The update, labeled MS16-009, included fixes for 13 vulnerabilities.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/3032...ons-of-internet-explorer-are-now-at-risk.html

Sefie, Feb 13, 2016
    IBMPC8088 likes this.
  2. Sefie

IBMPC8088

Hmm. I'm pretty much convinced that all versions of Internet Explorer were always at risk from the moment they were released to the moment they were decommissioned. ;) Microsoft holding back on any patches or security corrections shouldn't surprise too many people. They've been doing that to users since Windows 3.1 and 3.11 wfww. Even with the new browser from MS, it's not going to be long before people start to get cut on the Edges.

IBMPC8088, Feb 14, 2016
  3. Sefie

Sefie

True. I caught so many viruses when I started using computers mainly because IE, several people had already told me that IE was so risky, but I didn't believe it until I tried other browsers. Can't believe I used it for so long!

Sefie, Feb 15, 2016
  4. Sefie

IcyBC

I don't use IE even if they pay me. Their layout is so bad and navigation is terrible. I haven't touch IE in ages.

IcyBC, Feb 18, 2016
Ask a Question