Issues with Android KitKat

Discussion in 'Android' started by sparkster, Sep 14, 2015.

1. sparkster

sparkster

Is anyone else having issues using Android KitKat? I only changed recently, before that I was still using Gingerbread but in all honesty it seemed to be a lot more stable. KitKat seems to keep freezing up now and then and sometimes, although it was quite at at first, it seems to start crawling a bit. I've mentioned this to my brother who has a different device with KitKat on it and he says he's pretty much getting the same thing. Anyone else having issues or are there any known issues with this version of Android?

sparkster, Sep 14, 2015
  2. sparkster

Diane Lane

This is my first Android product, and it seems sticky to me, but I'm used to iOS, so thought it was just an Android thing. The tablet is new, so that shouldn't be the problem, and it's a Samsung Galaxy, so it works well, but it's not nearly as smooth as I had expected, after hearing so many rave reviews.

Diane Lane, Sep 14, 2015
  3. sparkster

sparkster

In that case, this definitely sounds like a KitKat problem and not an Android problem in general. My stepson and my daughter both have Samsung Galaxy devices with older versions of Android on them and neither of them are experiencing these problems. Both their devices seem to work sturdily, fast and efficiently. It seems to me that Android KitKat is extremely buggy. I guess this is something which will be dealt with over time via software updates. Seems a little daft bringing out a new version of Android every so often just to end up having to keep updating all the older versions though. That's kind of counter-productive and is just making more work for themselves in the long run.

sparkster, Sep 20, 2015
    Diane Lane likes this.
  4. sparkster

Diane Lane

I agree. I think in the race to be first and best, quality is sometimes lost. Everyone wants a shiny new device, with a brand new OS, so they will get press coverage, create demand, and make lots of money, but if customers aren't happy, they won't come back.

Diane Lane, Sep 22, 2015
Ask a Question