Is Wireless Mouse Good For Laptops

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by Krissttina Isobe, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Krissttina Isobe

IBMPC8088

I'd rather have an old-school Nintendo Power Glove or Light Saber NES gun from DuckHunt as my pointing device if I had the choice. ;) If not, I'm going to use a usb travel mouse.

IBMPC8088, May 16, 2016
    acheno84 likes this.
  2. Krissttina Isobe

acheno84

I don't use the touch pad on the laptop at all. I generally use my USB mouse that has a retractable cord for easy storage. My laptop has 4 USB ports though, so I have plenty of open slots for other devices if needed. Wireless may be good for you if you only have 2 slots, but like others have said, they cost more.

acheno84, May 17, 2016
  3. Krissttina Isobe

sharatharadhya

Using a Wireless Mouse is not an issue unless you play very Demanding Games on your Laptop. Most Logitech Wireless Laptop are available at cheap and work great. Besides, why carry a wireless mouse while using a Laptop. But I strongly feel that recent Laptops have been showing Great improvements in TouchPad accuracy and workability. If you have just bought a new Laptop, you should give the Touchpad a try as they seem to work great these Days. Good Luck.

sharatharadhya, May 19, 2016
  4. Krissttina Isobe

Vash

Wireless mouse is fine as long as you do not play video games. Over a decade ago I used to use an expensive Logitech wireless mouse/keyboard combo for my computer. I was playing video games many hours every day. While the keyboard could last for a month or so with fully charged batteries, the mouse would suddenly run out of power in just 2 days. I caused me numerous deaths in video games. So I switched back to a wired mouse instead.

Anyway, if you do not play video games, you should have no problem at all. On the other hand, I suggest you get a bluetooth mouse, instead of a traditional wireless mouse which actually need a USB receiver.

Vash, May 26, 2016
  5. Krissttina Isobe

acerme2

I've been using a wireless mouse for a year and I can vouch that for my purpose which is mainly creating content, it's as good as any wired mouse. I'm using an A4tech mouse, the low end type and its price is comparable to many wired mouse. It comes with a free battery which lasted for about 4 months. Batteries aren't that expensive either. I'm wiling to pay a bit more to be able to experience the convenience of a wireless mouse.

acerme2, Sep 5, 2016
  6. Krissttina Isobe

Elektron

I definitely think that wireless gadgets are always going to be useful for absolutely anything, from consoles to phones, mice and keyboards. These ease the whole thing and therefore, it makes everything way more comfortable, so yes, a wireless mouse will be good for you.

Elektron, Sep 10, 2016
  7. Krissttina Isobe

AntonioCalcano

Wireless mice are totally worth it not only for laptops but for desktop computers too, they're very practical and offer a lot more freedom than corded ones. I think every user should have one, corded mice are a thing from the past and the only advantage I would see from them is that they never need batteries.

AntonioCalcano, Sep 21, 2016
  8. Krissttina Isobe

Aree Wongwanlee

I am using a Logitech wireless mouse with my laptop. It has been working for about three months now. So far I have only made one battery change. It's quite easy to know when the battery needs to be changed. The mouse would stop working intermittently. Switch off and on and it would work again. Then I know it's time to change the batteries.

Is a wireless mouse good for a laptop? Why not? In my case, I have very limited desktop space, so a wired mouse would add to the clutter on my desktop.

Aree Wongwanlee, Sep 23, 2016
  9. Krissttina Isobe

Elektron

Of course, and as we both know, batteries are a big issue in our country since they are quite overpriced nowadays, of course.

Elektron, Sep 23, 2016
Ask a Question