Is Wireless Mouse Good For Laptops

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by Krissttina Isobe, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe

:oops:I was wondering if wireless mouses are best for laptops. I am accustomed to using a mouse instead of the laptop's touchpad. I would like to know if wireless mouses are best or should I get a mouse that is with wire for laptops?

Krissttina Isobe, Dec 1, 2015
  2. Krissttina Isobe

ts_guest

Cordless mice are a bit more pricey than those with a cord. They do need the batteries changed every so often, but that's not a big deal. Depending on your set up, you might benefit from not having a cord in the way cluttering up your desk.

I personally use a corded mouse with my laptop that plugs into a USB port on the side of the laptop.

ts_guest, Dec 1, 2015
    Krissttina Isobe likes this.
  3. Krissttina Isobe

CreoleQueen777

I agree with Tispiegel ^, They make cute little retractable mice that connect to your USB. however the live span for these little guys isn't all that great, It's not a matter of if they will play out on you it's a matter of when they will play out on you. So Buy a few of the little buggers.

[​IMG]

CreoleQueen777, Dec 1, 2015
    Krissttina Isobe likes this.
  4. Krissttina Isobe

Lun

I don't see why they would be bad. There are several reasons people tend to avoid using wireless mice:

- They're slightly more expensive.
    - They need recharging, or sometimes even new batteries in some models.
    - There's input lag, only noticeable if you plan on doing extensive work with the mouse like gaming and editing or 3D modeling and stuff like that.

If these don't inconvenience you, then a wireless mouse wouldn't be a bad idea especially for a laptop, since it'll be easier to carry around and transport than a USB mouse. I personally use my desktop mouse on my laptop and take it with me for use outside home, instead of using a dedicated mouse for it, simply because I don't feel it's needed to have two mice when I'm only going to be using one computer or the other. So it's up to you and your preference.

Lun, Dec 1, 2015
  5. Krissttina Isobe

IcyBC

I haven't used a mouse since switching to laptop from desktop, but I was given one that uses the USB port. I think this is a good fit for me since I don't have to worry about charging it or having to buy new batteries. I rarely use mine, but if it is what you like then go for one that makes you feel comfortable or can afford.

IcyBC, Dec 3, 2015
  6. Krissttina Isobe

thess

I think it just depends on personal preference. I don't like the cordless as much. Either way though it doesn't matter much because it's used the same. I just think it's easier to keep track of and more convenient for use.

thess, Dec 6, 2015
  7. Krissttina Isobe

KimmyMarkks

I have a Logitech and I really like it. I bought a no-name brand from staples and it would burn through my batteries. Finally after changing the battery 3 times in a week I threw it out and bought a Logitech. These are great quality and come in different styles so they don’t hurt your wrist. I’d definitely recommend going with this brand.

KimmyMarkks, Dec 9, 2015
  8. Krissttina Isobe

mopli

It really depends on the activities you do on your laptop. If it is click intensive I suggest you to buy a wireless mouse. There are really cheap ones that shouldn't cost more than 15$. Otherwise if you primarly watch videos and do activities that don't require a lot of clicking, you can just use your mousepad.

mopli, Jan 11, 2016
  9. Krissttina Isobe

IBMPC8088

You're better off with a usb travelmouse with the cord shown above. You can use a wireless one, but you're going to go through a lot of batteries and that will cost more than the mouse would. If you have rechargeable batteries, that is smarter than buying regular ones constantly, but you would save more money and never have to worry about the batteriesdying or the mouse refusing to work correctly when the batteries get too low if you just use a corded one instead.

IBMPC8088, Feb 4, 2016
  10. Krissttina Isobe

vinaya

wireless mouse is pricey, therefore, I always avoid using wireless mouse. I use normal mouse on my laptop. I also avoid using laptop's touch pad.

vinaya, Feb 4, 2016
  11. Krissttina Isobe

thedeatheater1410

Definitely. Laptop touchpads are fun to use but after months of use they can get worn out/ defunct. Also they are not good for complicated mouse actions and for gaming. In such a case it's best to get a mouse. Wireless mouse are better than wired ones since they are not prone to the connector getting worn out. They last much longer and can be used from a large distance, so if you want to play pranks on your friends they are useful for that too!!

thedeatheater1410, Feb 7, 2016
  12. Krissttina Isobe

SirJoe

I don't see why not. They are a little bit more expensive then regular mouses and be prepared to change the batteries every once in a while, but at least you don't have to deal with that annoying cable. There are some wireless mouses that do have a bit of lag so before you buy one make sure you find some reviews about it.

SirJoe, Mar 5, 2016
  13. Krissttina Isobe

rz3300

I know that I needed to get one to keep my sanity, so for me it made perfect sense. Maybe it was just the computer that I was using, but I always found myself accidentally hitting the mouse when I was typing and it got to the point where it was messing me up so much that I had to go buy a mouse. It is all about personal preference though and what you feel comfortable with, so just go and give it a shot if you think you need to.

rz3300, Mar 5, 2016
  14. Krissttina Isobe

Corzhens

Last year the keyboard of our home computer retired for good so I bought a kayboard. But what I bought is a wireless keyboard simply because it comes with a free wireless mouse. After testing, the keyboard is okay, in fact, it is still operational until now. But the cordless mouse has been acting up from time to time so we are not using it. I use a mouse with my laptop for convenience but I have not tested the cordless mouse with it because of the problem. Or maybe that cordless mouse I bought was the cheap type?

Corzhens, Mar 5, 2016
  15. Krissttina Isobe

vinaya

If you are thinking about reducing cost you should not trying using wireless mouse. The device is not only expensive but also costs you more to use because based on how much you use, you will have to change batteries. Having said that if you are tech savvy and money is not your concern, wireless mouse is better option.

vinaya, Mar 6, 2016
  16. Krissttina Isobe

Personablue

You must be simply unfortunate. It is a one of situation and this type of things can happen even with a wired mouse.
    Anyway, I prefer my mouse to be wireless, it is convenient ant the cost of a little bit more money.
    Especially for laptops, wireless mouse is a no-brainer

Personablue, Mar 20, 2016
  17. Krissttina Isobe

djtech

They sure are, especially if you feel a little lazy sometimes like me and lean way back on the chair or if you like to set the laptop at a distance but still would like to use it. Wireless mice are always helpful. In any case, the more options there are the better.

djtech, Mar 20, 2016
  18. Krissttina Isobe

Corzhens

You remind me of my husband. When he is using our home computer, I would sometimes see him reclined on the chair with his foot on top of the table. So I guess my husband would have that wireless mouse when he purchases his planned laptop. However, that would wait for now because his budget was somewhat askew with the recent unavoidable expenses - deaths of his relatives.

Corzhens, Mar 26, 2016
  19. Krissttina Isobe

TheOptical

As some have said, wireless mice are slightly more expensive then a wired one, but they work fine. If price isn't an issue, the go for it! I think you can get some wireless mice with a docking stand to recharge but they can be really pricey. If you don't get one with a docking stand, then there is the issue of batteries.

To clearly answer your question, yes. Wireless mice work fine, as do wired mice. It just depends on your budget, and the hassle of batteries, should you go wireless

TheOptical, May 14, 2016
  20. Krissttina Isobe

Sworden

Pretty much everyone I know has a wireless mouse, while myself (as a complete computer geek) don't actually own one. I can see why others have them, they're convenient, you can use them from far away, but I don't see why I need one.

I prefer the reliability of a wired mouse, knowing that there will be no battery or connection issues, and that I can get a high quality mouse for much cheaper. There's a reason why many gamer mouses are wired, not wireless.

A wireless mouse also takes up one of your limited USB slots on your laptop, each of which is valuable.

Of course, as others have stated, wireless mouses are also slightly pricier, and I also feel their performance is slightly worse.

Sworden, May 14, 2016
Ask a Question