Is ths power adapter under warranty?

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by jackluo923, Aug 10, 2009.

1. jackluo923

jackluo923

Is ths power adapter under warranty?
    If it is, what number do I call in Canada.
    How does the warranty work? Do they send in another adapter in and I send my old one back?

jackluo923, Aug 10, 2009
  2. jackluo923

techiediva

it should be as long as it isn't damaged

call 800-816-2237 for us or canada.

since it is just an ac adapter they should send one out.

techiediva, Aug 26, 2009
  3. jackluo923

wongnog

I'm having some issues with my power adapter too, sometimes when I plug it into my UPS surge protector there are sparks from the plug, and the unit doesn't always detect that it's plugged in or charging. I have to fiddle around with the adapter and eventually it will detect it and start charging. I called Acer support and a very nice man from India agreed to ship a new one out and upon receipt, I send the old adapter back with the shipping labels provided (don't need to send the power cord, just the adapter). They will charge my credit card $12 as a hold and release it once they receive the old adapter. Acer support is 24/7 and my unit was purchased Nov 2008 so still within the 1 yr warranty.

I think this problem first happened when I had my netbook plugged directly into the wall, when all of a sudden there was a lightening storm and power disruption. Thank god it didn't fry my AAO, probably just the adapter. So to be safe I always have it plugged into the UPS now to charge.

wongnog, Sep 6, 2009
Ask a Question