Is this Possible on NEW Acer Aspire One?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by iCoder, Jul 28, 2008.

1. iCoder

iCoder

As some of you may know, ive pre-ordered the Acer Apire one with the specs of: 1GB ram and 120 gB HDD and 6cell battery\
    do any of you think that with this new WINDOWS XP model, i would be able to install vista and if so, do you think it will operate smoothly?
    Keep in mind this is the newer model.
    Thanks to all suggestions,
    iCoder

iCoder, Jul 28, 2008
  2. iCoder

osdude

Yes, there are people who have Vista installed on the 8GB Intel SSD and it works. I'm trying to make a bootable USB with Vista right now

osdude, Jul 28, 2008
  3. iCoder

iCoder

Oh thanks man, I hope everything work out well with you A1!
    And what are your views on your machine?

iCoder, Jul 28, 2008
  4. iCoder

lotus49

It ought to work but realistically you are really pushing it. By any standards, Vista is a resource-hungry OS. I have run it (or should I say my wife and son have - I wouldn't touch it) on two laptops that were faster than the One and frankly they struggled.

It may work, but it certainly isn't going to feel snappy.

lotus49, Jul 28, 2008
  5. iCoder

rory

I've got it, and its pretty ok, cant run windows live messenger though. But this is on the SSD, it's 100% certainly the bottleneck of the system. I ws installing office 07 last night, and in performance manager, disk write speed was never reaching 1MB, processor ws steady at about 5% and memory usage was around 600Mb also steady. Thats about 40%.
    And it took hours and hours to install. I ended up leaving it on all night it was so slow.
    But shows the SSd is the problem. When my new drive arrives, hopefully it will be so much faster...
    Rory

rory, Jul 29, 2008
  6. iCoder

midgetdiablo

it is very possible. there's a guide on trusted reviews that shows you how to insall it on an msi wind which should be the same procedure as the aspire one. the author even claims he. was able to get extra juice from the vista os than the windows xp.

midgetdiablo, Jul 29, 2008
Ask a Question