Is This One Any Good?

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by IcyBC, Sep 25, 2016.

1. IcyBC

IcyBC

I have only owned HP laptops before so my experience with different brands of laptops is very limited. At the moment, someone is recommend this to me: https://www.amazon.com/Performance-...474739011&sr=1-3&refinements=p_36:20000-35000

The price is right, and the specs seem to be good! I am kind of worry about the brand name though. Should I be or Asus is just as good as other well known or popular brand names?

IcyBC, Sep 25, 2016
  2. IcyBC

something back

You should be able to buy a i3 processor for that kind of money

something back, Sep 25, 2016
    IcyBC likes this.
  3. IcyBC

Elektron

That's a good brand and also a good processor, you definitely should buy that, I'd buy it if I were you, indeed.

Elektron, Sep 25, 2016
    IcyBC likes this.
  4. IcyBC

SirJoe

Asus is on par with HP when it comes to name recognition in the computer world. I think that you have see what is your computer needs and if that computer will for fill them. If you only do light computing and don't run any heavy programs and or play games, it should be fine.

SirJoe, Sep 25, 2016
    IcyBC likes this.
  5. IcyBC

Elektron

I really doubt that PC couldn't please all his needs, for real. It's a mosnter, just go for it.

Elektron, Sep 28, 2016
  6. IcyBC

SirJoe

It really depends what your needs are, granted that it's a really under powered computer and can't really do much besides navigating and writing some texts, but sometimes that is all you need.

SirJoe, Sep 28, 2016
  7. IcyBC

Elektron

Well, you're somewhat right. He didn't say what he wanted it for either.

Elektron, Oct 2, 2016
  8. IcyBC

rz3300

I am still a little weary of Asus as a brand, so I might not be the best person to ask. I am also the same way with Acer, but it only based on pretty limited personal experiences, so I am curious to learn a little more. Best of luck to you though.

rz3300, Oct 2, 2016
  9. IcyBC

Elektron

It's never too bad to try new stuff, ASUS is definitely a good brand, don't be afraid of it ;)

Elektron, Oct 5, 2016
  10. IcyBC

clair02

I have a friend who uses Asus and he's never complained before. Keep in mind though that he knows about as much as I do about laptops (which is next to nothing...) so that may not even be helpful.

clair02, Oct 5, 2016
  11. IcyBC

Corzhens

A quad-core processor, am I right on that? Over here, that $260 is already a bargain for a brand new laptop and with a 15-inch monitor at that. You know, I feel envious whenever I would see the prices of laptops in your country because over here, such laptop would definitely cost more than $500. And if you are going to use that for simple applications only, I guess that would do, at least it is cheap.

Corzhens, Oct 6, 2016
  12. IcyBC

hades_leae

for that price and the specs, I think it's a good average laptop. It's aplus that you can get big SSD's for a cheap price, I remember when there were a lot more than $260 dollars, as well as something like 1 or 2gb of ram, getting 4 for that price many years ago is just unheard of.

Cheap price, plus you can make upgrades and still have a cheaper laptop than the most advanced ones.

hades_leae, Oct 6, 2016
  13. IcyBC

Elektron

You will only be able to upgrade the ram and that's it, I don't really know what kind of upgrades you're talking about, but whatever.

Elektron, Oct 9, 2016
  14. IcyBC

Fuzyon

Why are you worried about Asus? They're one of the best laptop manufacturers out there, I've only had positive experiences with their devices. This laptop looks pretty sleek so I imagine it will not be a hassle to carry around, but the hardware is really outdated for 2016. Intel Pentium and integrated graphics? It will perform decently browsing the internet but in time it will struggle with that as well, if I were you I'd save up more money and buy something around ~$500.

Fuzyon, Oct 9, 2016
  15. IcyBC

Laila Hussain

Why you don't give a chance to HP Probook ??????????

Laila Hussain, Oct 31, 2016
Ask a Question