is this common for the d250?

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by Ibringit, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Ibringit

Ibringit

noticed that the slot where you plug the power chord started to get loose and wobbly.
    how do i fix this? is this a common issue for the d250?
    and does this pose as a major problem for me?

Ibringit, Feb 23, 2011
  2. Ibringit

Swarvey Moderator

My D250 is quite old now, but for say the last 6 months the charging socket has been becoming more and more loose. While the machine still charges it's not a problem, however, when it finally does become so loose that it can't make the connection and charge the battery, it's going to mean opening up the AAO, removing the old charge socket and soldering in a new one.

It won't be a huge task, just time consuming and annoying that it'll have to be done.

Swarvey, Feb 23, 2011
  3. Ibringit

Ibringit

how about the fan on the right side of the palm rest..its somewhat shakes my d250 but the noise is somewhat tolerable

Ibringit, Feb 24, 2011
  4. Ibringit

Swarvey Moderator

The fan in the D250 is on the left side, near the hinge for the screen. On the right side is the hard drive, they can be cause for vibration and noise. I didn't really notice anything with the original drive, but I've just upgraded to a Toshiba 320fb drive which is a bit more noisy. It just depends on the brand and quality of the drive.

On the other hand if ur D250 is upside down the fan will be on the right, if you feel the fan is too noisy or vibrates too much, try shooting some compressed air in there, it could be a bit dusty.

Swarvey, Feb 24, 2011
Ask a Question