is the windows version heavier than the linux version?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by acerone, Aug 24, 2008.

1. acerone

acerone

Hello,

I am trying to buy a laptop for travel so weight is a big factor for me. I can not find out how much weight the Aspire One with Windows Xp have? Is it heavier than the Linux version or is is the same? It seems all the specs on the web are for the Linux version? Do different hard drives make difference in weight? I am very new into this. Please help. Thanks!

acerone, Aug 24, 2008
  2. acerone

rbil

The difference in weight would be the difference between the weight of a SSD drive and a 2.5 inch laptop drive. Really an insignificant difference in weight. Certainly nothing you'd probably notice. :)

Cheers.

rbil, Aug 25, 2008
  3. acerone

blackjack

fwiw, when I've checked specs, the Linux version is 2.2 lbs., and the 3-cell XP/hard drive model is about 2.4 lbs. (sorry, I'm US and we never did Get with the Metric System :oops: ). Honestly, I find my XP model insanely light, and when it's in my briefcase I hardly even notice it's there. :)

There are plenty of fine reasons to prefer the Linux model - I just don't think weight is really one of the things to worry about when choosing between the various 3-cell models.

blackjack, Aug 28, 2008
Ask a Question