Is Standard U.S. Power Brick Dual Voltage?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by LTCSZ, Apr 11, 2009.

1. LTCSZ

LTCSZ

On the standard power "brick" that came with my U.S. purchased Acer One, it indicates that it is dual voltage input, 110/220...Does this mean that I can use it in Europe on an upcoming trip with a simple plug adapter and that I will not need a power converter? Thanks...

Steve in Kansas

LTCSZ, Apr 11, 2009
  2. LTCSZ

TantalusFld

Steve,

The forward slash of your 110/220 tells me that it is dual voltage that there would be a switch somewhere to change from one voltage to another. But if it is like the power brick that came with my Acer One says 100-240 indicates "thru" rather than "dual" . Mine also says 50-60 hz ( frequency) and tells me it would work in most countrys without a converter. Just need a plug adapter.

TantalusFld, Apr 11, 2009
  3. LTCSZ

LTCSZ

I went back and looked closer...It does indeed say "100-240" and "50-60 Hz"...So, if I understand you correctly, I would be fine with just a plug adapter?

Thanks for you help...

(Do you think they could have made the printing any smaller on the brick!)

Steve in Kansas

LTCSZ, Apr 11, 2009
  4. LTCSZ

TantalusFld

Yea, right. I almost went blind reading mine. I think you will be ok. Let us know how your trip goes!

TantalusFld, Apr 11, 2009
  5. LTCSZ

tsflyer

Visited Paris recently and mine worked fine. My computer shipped with the Liteon PA-1300-04 charger. As long as you have the european CE listing and the 100-240V, 50-60Hz ratings you should be fine. I found wall socket adaptors at Radio Shack.

tsflyer, Apr 14, 2009
  6. LTCSZ

DragonC

And just to take things the other way, I am currently in Canada using my UK power adapter.

It makes sense for manufacturers to make multi-voltage adapters. It saves them money in the long run as you don't have to change the manufacturing setup, nor worry about the wrong type of adapters being sent to the wrong place. One size fits all.

DragonC, Apr 14, 2009
  7. LTCSZ

LTCSZ

Thanks a lot for the info, folks.

Steve

LTCSZ, Apr 14, 2009
Ask a Question